TD 1

Wookiee

The title TD 1 can mean what ever you want it to mean.

Toys used

Roland Cloud - JD 800
Cherry Audio - Voltage Modular, Elka-X, MemoryMood,
Arturia - Korg-MS20, CS-80 V(4) Synthi V

Composed, Written and recorded in CbB using mainly Stock Plugins with the addition of Boz Digital+10dB Compressor, Audiority Echoes T7e Mk 2, Overloud's Breverb PC module .

Thanks for listening hope you enjoy.

• Like 4

TD= Totally Dope

Dope+ A word used to describe just about anything good in life, good news, a sick skateboard trick, a nice sports car, etc. Also one of the most casual yet satisfying words in modern slang. It can be used to varying levels of intensity anywhere from a casual "dope" to a mega hype "that's freaking dope man!"

A hot cup of coffee, a sunrise, and some wookiee jam, make for a great way to start the day.

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2022 at 6:17 AM, bjornpdx said:

TD  always means Tangerine Dream to me.
Very solemn, even minimalist at the beginning, but then the arp bit comes in at the perfect spot.
Perfect for kicking back on a rainy day. Really enjoyed it Wookie.
-Bjorn

Thank you Bjorn, exactly the mood.

On 10/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, antler said:

Nice evolving soundscape!

Are the swishing sounds synth patches, or samples? Either way, they work really well.

No samples were in any way used or abused in the making, just the classic Synthi as used by all to make swishes, swoops, falls and rises it is as if it was made for it.

Thanks for the ears and time.

On 10/29/2022 at 2:45 PM, Jesse Screed said:

TD= Totally Dope

Dope+ A word used to describe just about anything good in life, good news, a sick skateboard trick, a nice sports car, etc. Also one of the most casual yet satisfying words in modern slang. It can be used to varying levels of intensity anywhere from a casual "dope" to a mega hype "that's freaking dope man!"

A hot cup of coffee, a sunrise, and some wookiee jam, make for a great way to start the day.

Thanks nice to hear you found this to meet your totally dope criteria. 

On 10/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, mark skinner said:

Cool .  There were some Really nice sounds here and just the right amount of tension. I especially liked the Blade Runner sounding horns.  Enjoyed it ..  mark

Thank you Mark, I suspect that would be Arturia's CS-80 V it was his choice for horns. :) 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 11:23 AM, AndyB01 said:

Nice builds from the start - I enjoy the journey on your tracks - that occasionally very slightly discordant arp is cleverly done.

Great work

Andy

Thanks Andy, one of the fun parts of using b5 chords is that discordant thing that creeps in, glad you enjoyed this.

On 10/31/2022 at 12:40 PM, MichaelJohn said:

Nice synth work like Blade Runner, but this is smoother.   That bass captured my ears and wouldn't let go.  Roland makes great plugins and if you said this was hardware I would believe it.  

Will be posting my new song/video today!

The only hardware to suffer abuse was my Arturia 88 Mk 1 keylab controller, every thing else is software. You should see the scares. 

Thanks for the ears and kind words @MichaelJohn