TheSteven

Dragonfly Hall Reverb & Dragonfly Room Reverb - Very Nice Free Reverbs

Posted (edited)

Nice sounding free reverb comparable to some commercial products.

Page link: https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragonfly-reverb

Direct download links:
64 bit VST  
32 bit VST
MacOS
Linux

screenshot.png

A small thread on VI Control regarding this...
https://vi-control.net/community/threads/dragonfly-reverb-very-nice-free-reverb.77946/

Edit - Update!:
Michael has released another nice reverb (also free) -  "Dragonfly Room" !  dragonfly-room-screenshot.png
More info in posts below.

June 4th update:
Dragonfly Room 2.0.0 release candidate is now available. If no major bugs are reported, this will be promoted to an official 2.0.0 release.

Direct download links:
64 bit Windows
64 bit MacOS
64 bit Linux

Edited by TheSteven
added update about Dragonfly Room
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There's an LV2 version of this in the package also that should work in Mixbus,

but haven't tried it to see.

Posted (edited)

Is your MacOS direct link pointing on windows version?

EDIT: sorry, after I've refreshed the page your links are fine now! 🤪

Edited by chris.r

Hi, I'm the author of Dragonfly Reverb. In case anybody here is interested, I've been working on an update that includes a new plugin. The old one has been renamed "Dragonfly Hall", and the new one is "Dragonfly Room".

Download beta release 1.9.5

Please don't use Dragonfly Room for any "real work" yet, I'm still working on stabilizing it based on feedback from people testing it.

Dragonfly Hall can be considered stable. It is mostly the same as the original Dragonfly Reverb plugin, and identifies itself as such to your DAW. If upgrading from an earlier version, please delete it and replace it with Dragonfly Hall Reverb, any existing sessions that were using the older one should automatically use Dragonfly Hall Reverb with the same saved settings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Please try Beta release 1.9.9. Several changes since the last update. Both plugins now have a new slider "Early Send" that controls how much of the early reflection signal is mixed into the input to the late algorithm. Dragonfly Room now has both High Cut and Low Cut. Dragonfly Hall has a "Flutter" dial that controls the level of modulation; this will be simply renamed to "Modulation" for the 2.0.0 release in order to better follow existing conventions in other reverbs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Updated OP with latest news.
Thanks Michael for all the time and effort you put into this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1