Native Access V2

Sander Verstraten

Overall a nice improvement over V1, but still no option in Settings to specify plugin type (say VST2 vs. VST3) to prevent the Repair error from constantly showing up.

The Repair function needs some repair when you use the relocate option; even when you take it to the correct folder it does not accept it.  Part of the problem is that NA V2 does not tell you what the specific problem is (you have to guess from the last folder location).  Not sure why it's so difficult to get this working correctly.

Just noticed that after the initial installation, it seems to re-reun the installation process every subsequent time you use it.  This is a real PITA; esp since it uninstalled version 1 (fortunately I have a backup).

One step forward, two steps back...

Edited by locrian
  • Sad 1

Looks like v2 is to support their subscription mode - see left side menu, item under Library. 
img-ce-seamless-crop-right-native-access

and here (link below) is NA's subscription page.  Service is called KOMPLETE-NOW (yup ,spelled all in caps) :

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/komplete-now/

$9.99 a month 
100% not interested but YMMV.  

Edited by TheSteven
  • Sad 2

and the subscription looks like a lite variation of Komplete Select.
You only get a partial subset of that library (with a couple different items included) but every month they will add something new. I guess that way they can probably string you along for several years before they run through the current content.

Like Adobe once your subscription ends you own nothing*.
*I could be wrong but that's how I'm interpreting the following quote from their  KOMPLETE-NOW web page:

What happens if I cancel?

+

If you cancel during the trial period, you won’t be charged. There’s no commitment and you can cancel any time.

Once your paid subscription starts, you’re still free to cancel whenever you want. Since you’ll always pay in advance, your subscription will continue to be active until the current billing period expires.

Trials will also continue to work until the current cycle expires.

35 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Dang. Subscription. Smells like WUP. 

Re: WUP - I always thought BARF would be a better acronym 
(Basic Audio Renewal Financing)
and it would match the taste left in your mouth after making a payment.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 4