A Black Hole

Wookiee

8 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Very cool Wookiee - that sounded great through my headphones - I guess I crossed the Event Horizon - no turning back.

If you listened to the end then you probably won't read this 😎.

Sorry but thanks taking the trip. 

• Haha 1

Looking at the waveform told me to expect a roller coaster ride to the event horizon. Very creative but also Kinda spooky sounds you came up with there Wookie, like the sound of coyotes in the middle of the night.
I like the abrupt ending - poof you're gone.
-Bjorn

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Very creative but also Kinda spooky sounds you came up with there Wookie, like the sound of coyotes in the middle of the night.
I like the abrupt ending - poof you're gone.
-Bjorn

Thanks glad you enjoyed this Bjorn. 

On 2/6/2022 at 1:08 PM, DeeringAmps said:

I paused at the 4 minute mark so I could comment and like before crossing over.
SoundCloud interceded to "save" me? I was looking forward to it (crossing over)...

t

Thanks I suspect you crossed and did not notice.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 5:51 PM, PhonoBrainer said:

As I was already in the black hole, I played it backwards and wormed my way out.

A very exotic sonic adventure! Well done sir

Thank you,  an interesting thought experiment or have you actually appeared on the other side, in another time and another existence? 

On 2/8/2022 at 6:04 AM, David Sprouse said:

You used silence excellently.  The sounds are so unique, and then.... a melody!  I didn't expect that.  I pictured a mariachi band falling into a black hole.

Sorry David the thought of a Mariachi band made me laugh. Thank you I always appreciate your response and support. 

On 2/8/2022 at 12:18 PM, Michael Fogarty said:

very creative. So many nice sounds. I have Epos 11 hi fi speakers in my studio "Livingroom" (other side of the same room but for guests) for chilling and listening to the mix.  Sounding really nice. Keep ' em comin. Sounds good on my subs as well. 

Thank you Michael, interesting your EPOS are they original Epos or post Mordent Shorts acquisition?  I have a set of Epos ES 14 pre Mordant short absolutely stunning sound and no real crossover just a cap to filter the bass off the tweeter.

15 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Thank you Michael, interesting your EPOS are they original Epos or post Mordent Shorts acquisition?  I have a set of Epos ES 14 pre Mordant short absolutely stunning sound and no real crossover just a cap to filter the bass off the tweeter.

yes, originals. A friend of mine does house renovations, moving, and a chap was leaving Japan and gave them to him. Being a millennial, he was used to boom boxes and powered units and asked if I wanted them. To my surprise, they were in mint condition. On the engineers side of my room I have lots of speakers (see signature), but like to sit on a couch and listen to the mixes when I'm "done". I recently purchased a new amp and some Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 which sound great. Decided to try the amp with the ES11's and bam. I'm in love. Could have saved that money on the Wharfedale's.  I have heard amazing things about the 14's. We are blessed.  

• Like 1