More NI Updates

TracingArcs

Having updated yesterday Bite,Choral, Dirt,Flair,Freak,Phasis, Raum, Replika to v 1.2.0. There was an issue with some as it asked for a repair on the 32bit. Today there is a update for all the above to v 1.2.1 that solves this (plus Komplete Kontrol 2.6.6 but this was mentioned earlier I think.)

Run Native Access.

• Thanks 3

I think it's over in tutorials.

Originally written with A|A|S in mind, then I decided that rather than only complain here, I'd send them a personal email outlining the issues. This was not very long before they entirely eliminated all the redundancy in their installer, and started offering the usual options of AAX/VST/VST3, so I like to think maybe it influenced their decision to cool it.

Since they're Canadian, they probably had no idea that anyone was inconvenienced by it and felt just darn awful. I kept that in mind and used my California mellowness. "You guys are awesome, your software blows my mind, but there's this one bummer..."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

25 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

I think it's over in tutorials.

Originally written with A|A|S in mind, then I decided that rather than only complain here, I'd send them a personal email outlining the issues. This was not very long before they entirely eliminated all the redundancy in their installer, and started offering the usual options of AAX/VST/VST3, so I like to think maybe it influenced their decision to cool it.

Since they're Canadian, they probably had no idea that anyone was inconvenienced by it and felt just darn awful. I kept that in mind and used my California mellowness. "You guys are awesome, your software blows my mind, but there's this one bummer..."

Hey, nice work on the AAS front  @Starship Krupa 👍

I remember working my way through your tutorial and finding/removing all of those pesky 32 bit culprits. The NI installer still complains about plugins being broken because it can't find the 32 bit versions but I got used to living with that. 

The other thing that "bothers" my OCD are installers which ask where they should put 32 bit VSTs and then afterwards let you choose NOT to install them. I have learned to live with this though as it is so common.  

EDIT: Found it!

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

Having updated yesterday Bite,Choral, Dirt,Flair,Freak,Phasis, Raum, Replika to v 1.2.0. There was an issue with some as it asked for a repair on the 32bit. Today there is a update for all the above to v 1.2.1 that solves this (plus Komplete Kontrol 2.6.6 but this was mentioned earlier I think.)

Run Native Access.

That's interesting because the change log discusses bugs with AU versions for most of these, and also fixing pops when using the phaser in the Replika effects.

Don't forget to search your drive for all those pesky "aax" plugins that you do not need unless you also run Pro Tools.

I always find them in an "Avid" folder, and end up dumping the whole thing. There were multiple manufacturers in sub-folders, but I don't remember the datails as I recently cleaned them up.

Another folder to watch out for is Steinberg. That seems to be a default location where some manufacturers drop their VST2's . Since I always install my VST2's elsewhere, that is another folder which I regularly dump.

• Like 3

I have places that I put my vst plugins. And I tell CW, Reaper and S1 to search just those folders. 

On my main computer the extra space gain is no big deal. However, on my Surface it is a big deal and I regularly go through and delete all the extra cruff.

• Like 1

Here's a link to a great tool that I use for finding NI 32 bit plugs, aax, or anything else. Also use to get rid of the Kontakt 8 vs 16 vs 32 or how many channel out 32 vs 64 bit dll's that are littered on your system.

Called "Everything"  Freebie and worth the download. There are other programs that can do this, just my go to for finding redundant or missing files.

https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/

Like for Kontakt, all of the dll's start with at least Konta.

In Everything, do a wildcard search for the dll's. Can run for instance Konta*.dll. This will show you all the vsti's and where they are located.

If you want to get rid of aax files, do a wildcard *.aax and it will show you every aax plug on your system. You can manage them, delete them from inside the program.

Hope this helps.

John

• Thanks 2

Has anyone else noticed that the XLN Online Installer gets upset if you delete their .aax plugins? Every time I do that it insists that I need to "Repair" my installation. Then it puts the .aax plugins back on my system.

Here >>> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-ins\Addictive Drums 2.aaxplugin"

and 

here >>> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-ins\Addictive Keys.aaxplugin".

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Has anyone else noticed that the XLN Online Installer gets upset if you delete their .aax plugins? Every time I do that it insists that I need to "Repair" my installation. Then it puts the .aax plugins back on my system.

Here >>> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-ins\Addictive Drums 2.aaxplugin"

and 

here >>> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-ins\Addictive Keys.aaxplugin".

Yeah, one of the many  reasons I usually don’t even bother anymore with their so-called “repairs”.

• Like 1