AAS Analog Orchestra VA-3 Soundpack

cclarry

Finally caved on that AAS Analog Orchestra VA-3 pack. But I drove a hard bargain at Audio Deluxe! 

Used their coupon CYBER21, plus some Deluxe Bucks to score the pack for $12. They also tossed in a FREE MeldaProduction MFreeformAnalogEq. All good! :)

• Like 4

I like the woodwinds and strings. They are the best of the bunch. Nice flutes and reed instruments! Definitely usable! 

The brass and saxophones, not so much. The percussions and fx are interesting!

IMO worth the $19, or $16, or $12 you end up spending... might learn some analog programming tricks by tearing a few pf these presets apart. 

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, abacab said:

I like the woodwinds and strings. They are the best of the bunch. Nice flutes and reed instruments! Definitely usable! 

The brass and saxophones, not so much. The percussions and fx are interesting!

IMO worth the $19, or $16, or $12 you end up spending... might learn some analog programming tricks by tearing a few pf these presets apart. 

I thought the flutes and reeds pretty nice too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Absconded with this as my Christmas Freebie!  Very nice.  I find the vibrato pretty heavy handed for my taste-  I would not be too happy with this if I only had the free AAS Player.  With full Ultra Analog 3 though, it is easy to tame the vibrato - so far the patches I have tried have it on the fist voice LFO, adjusting the VCA Gain, delay, and fade parameters.

Edited by Brian Lawler
  • Like 5

There are a lot of suprisingly good ones in here and some letdowns.

One thing that's a little surprising though is the usefulness of some of the rhythmic sounds near the end of the bank.  They are a fun little surprise you probably shouldn't expect from a collection like this.

• Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

Sorry to hear Analog Orchestra  missed the freebie list for some folks. It would be a fine choice!

Since I already had it, I grabbed the Ultra Analog VA-3 pack 'Kicks and Snares'. Why? You can never have too many kicks and snares! https://www.applied-acoustics.com/kicks-and-snares/

"Along with its 30 kicks, 30 snares, and 25 rhythm grooves, hi-hats and various percussions were added to the pack for good measure, making Kicks and Snares a complete drum track solution for your projects."

• Great Idea 1

I picked this as the Christmas freebie from Applied Acoustics and so far out of the ones I've been through, there's a couple where I've been pleasantly surprised 🙂

Like Brian mentioned, the vibrato and even breath/noise was a little heavy on some, but with the full version of Ultra Analog 3 it was easy enough to tweak them. Others were fine without any tweaking.

Looking forward to going through the rest of the patches now 🙂

3 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

There are a lot of suprisingly good ones in here and some letdowns.

One thing that's a little surprising though is the usefulness of some of the rhythmic sounds near the end of the bank.  They are a fun little surprise you probably shouldn't expect from a collection like this.

^^^  YES   ^^^  I am glad I went through all of the patches.  To be honest I was dozing through percussion hits, given the gigs of samples I already have.  Things got fun again in the last 20 or so patches.  Worth exploration.

7 hours ago, Fleer said:

Interesting it is. Reminds me of the original Indiginus orchestra. Too bad I couldn’t select this baby as my Xmas prezzie. 

That's odd. In my experience, they offer all of the packs you don't already own to select your Xmas present from.

• Sad 1