NI Supercharger updated to 1.4.0

cclarry

My systems hate NI updates. They always fail.  I still use the old Windows Install Cleanup which NI uses the same thing. The NI one keeps backups of the registry files.  I don't need 16 of those.

NI products install quote slow.  You can download and install the library files quicker than the plugins to run them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Young said:

I guess these are pretty good. Most people probably blow them off since we think of their VIs.

Very true. It hardly ever occurs to me when thinking about FX to look at the NI stuff. Truth be told if someone crept in and removed everything NI from my PC other than Kontakt libraries and Battery I would probably only notice because the dropdown menu looked different.

54 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

Native Access appeared to have been hung when I installed today's batch.  However when I loaded all these plugins in CWBL they all showed latest version and VST3. 

Had the same issue. After 30 minutes I closed NA and restarted NA. All looks fine,

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, paulo said:

Very true. It hardly ever occurs to me when thinking about FX to look at the NI stuff. Truth be told if someone crept in and removed everything NI from my PC other than Kontakt libraries and Battery I would probably only notice because the dropdown menu looked different.

I get a lot of use out of the Mod Pack and Replika, and am starting to use Guitar Rig a bit more.   I wasn't crazy about Dirt until I found out you can get some decent fuzz sounds from it in Guitar Rig.  But while the Solid series is well enough named, none of them are my first choices.

3 hours ago, Paul Young said:

NI products install quote slow.  You can download and install the library files quicker than the plugins to run them.

This is also my experience and I think almost everyone on this forum should know my aversion to installer programs, those are often soooo stupid! If you want to install your NI libraries on more than one system, then it is 1000 times faster to copy them from your 1st system and activate them only with NA ("locate"). It is a pain that this is not possible for the other NI stuff!

By the way, I regret that I upgraded my Komplete 11. The newer things I was interested in are mostly so resource hungry and slow that I probably will never use them. Else there are only Expansions and I am really not interested in them, they are almost useless for my kind of music. So the only thing that remains is probably Electric Sunburst. I hope it has some value for me! 😄

2 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I get a lot of use out of the Mod Pack and Replika, and am starting to use Guitar Rig a bit more.   I wasn't crazy about Dirt until I found out you can get some decent fuzz sounds from it in Guitar Rig.  But while the Solid series is well enough named, none of them are my first choices.

" I bought Komplete just because of the included fx" said no-one ever.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, paulo said:

I have been a NI user for a while. I had been using a lot of DAW+Kontact+Battery for a while. Recently went back to using Maschine.. its still damn good. You get a lot of stuff done really fast with it.

1 hour ago, paulo said:

" I bought Komplete just because of the included fx" said no-one ever.

True.  The compressors and EQs are mix-destroying garbage!

However, I have found very usable presets in the three Crush Pack FXs, the three Mod Pack FXs, Replika XT and Raum.  They're all very stable, low-CPU usage, with simple, resizable GUIs.  And effected-tracks sit well in most mixes.