Solid State Logic UC-1

cclarry

For under $900 you get the controller AND both plugins! That's actually pretty darn impressive.

I would like to see if the buss comp only controls one instance of the plugin (ie on your master buss) or if you can use it as a channel comp. I don't use the SSL comp on my master so if it can't do channel duties that would be a waste. 

16 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

I would like to see if the buss comp only controls one instance of the plugin (ie on your master buss) or if you can use it as a channel comp. I don't use the SSL comp on my master so if it can't do channel duties that would be a waste. 

The meter for every instance of the compressor shows up in a column on the right in the 360 software.

Clicking the meter makes the knobs at the top of the display active for the instance.

In CbB, the instances appear to be added to the display as they are added to the project.

There does not seem to be a way to reorder the display.

1 hour ago, scook said:

The meter for every instance of the compressor shows up in a column on the right in the 360 software.

Clicking the meter makes the knobs at the top of the display active for the instance.

In CbB, the instances appear to be added to the display as they are added to the project.

There does not seem to be a way to reorder the display.

The order follows the track order. If you reorder your tracks in CbB the tracks reorder in 360 mixer.

One thing I don't understand though is if you look at tips & shortcuts in the settings panel of the 360 mixer, it says:

"To use the SOLO system, ensure you insert Channel Strips on every DAW track. Don't forget to SOLO SAFE the Channel Strips on Busses/Auxes!"

My understanding of this is that to use their SOLO system I need to add an instance of the Channel Strip on busses just for the SOLO button. I could live with that, but the numbering for busses starts back at 001 and busses get interleaved with the tracks in the 360 mixer! Not a nice layout! There may be something I don't understand here...

Is there a way to specify CbB numbering of buses? For example if I could set it so that busses would start at 101, at least they would appear after all the tracks. Assuming of course I have less than 100 tracks, which for me is always the case but may not be for others though.

It was buses interleaved with tracks that caused the my display problem with the comps.

Ultimately, to get the buses with comps under the tracks, I had to reorder all the buses.

This may be a CbB issue though. Not sure if other DAWs have this issue.

10 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

This makes me very happy. For the first time in my life I have something that kinda resembles a studio. I'm talking about the 360 pugin.  Unfortunately the zoom function shaves off the fader from view and without zoom I have empty space (2560x1440 monitor).

This almost makes me want to dig up my old 1080 monitor from storage just to look at the mixer all the time.

This would be great with a touchscreen and a pen fir exemple

I have a theory

SSL HQ : we gonna make a udge sale 49 the bundle and then we release an update and get another round of income 

Few moments later 

Jim from SSL : just went on gearspace UAD thread , let's make this free ...trust me 

Now you understand why no communication or marketing ready lol .....

Maybe i should sleep  alittle  , good night friends ...

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

If they get track follow working in Pro Tools I will buy this.

As I recall, that's why I got rid of Console 1 when using Ableton. If it doesn't automatically sync up, not only is it a hassle I did find myself accidentally tweaking the wrong track. This behavior is a non-starter for me.

3 hours ago, James Foxall said:

If they get track follow working in Pro Tools I will buy this.

As I recall, that's why I got rid of Console 1 when using Ableton. If it doesn't automatically sync up, not only is it a hassle I did find myself accidentally tweaking the wrong track. This behavior is a non-starter for me.

it's fully synced in cubase , sonar , and Studio 1 , it's a daw issue , they have to work that thing out together .....

This update to the Channel Strip and the bus Compressor is great.

Thanks Zo for mentioning this.  Since I've never received an email from SSL I don't know what they are offering.  I purchased the $49.00 bus and channel strip bundle back earlier in the year and I've receive no email from SSL yet about a free update.  I looked on their website, and my purchases is not on their site, I had to go back to my SweetWater email in case I needed the serial Code

This update is nice and I like the 360 software too. 👍

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I was wondering if you can use the UC1 and UF8 with Cakewalk by bandlab, because it say that you can use it with major, then give examples of which DAW, but it does not say Cakewalk by bandlab; moreover, can you turn the knows with fine adjustment like a computer makes fine adjustment when turning knows. Peace