Thank You Captain Obvious

Bapu

On 4/26/2024 at 10:29 AM, Notes_Norton said:

I just have a carport. If my business was more successful, I could afford to build a garage, then I'd be rich!!!

I have a garage that I don't use (I don't drive), and there's nothing in it except a bit of stuff that belongs to my ex that I let her keep here until they find a bigger place (we're on good terms). A few cardboard boxes and the trash bins. I could probably rent that space and make some money. 

In fact, even dumber than that - I've been living in this 2 story, 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms place that I can't afford alone with my cat  for almost 4 years. My cat has her own bedroom (not kidding).

I could probably rent some of that space for storage too. From what I hear, storage spaces  can be quite expensive.

I really don't have that entrepreneur gene...

I did conduct some business in that garage though - among other things, I sold a guitar to a guy from Slash's band, and a Pro Tools Command 8 to a guy from Gogol Bordello.

Maybe I could start my own Guitar Center sort of thing... Start small, only sell high E strings but in all gauges... Or used plectrums.

264055627_10158850849122582_4198580227338144713_n(1).thumb.jpg.4da31196a00eaa601fc73e59019e8b3e.jpg

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Rain said:

I've been living in this 2 story, 3 bedrooms/3 bathrooms place that I can't afford alone with my cat  for almost 4 years. My cat has her own bedroom

But you get all the bathrooms?

Seems a bit selfish.

Stage left:

Cat yaks up a fur ball and meows.....yeah, tell me about it.......

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I always felt left out that every band I’ve been in since I was 12 years old practiced in a basement. 

I’ve never been in a Garage band. I wonder what it’s like? Are garage band’s better than basement bands? 
I’ve only ever had a carport and they are pretty cold in the winter for practicing. I guess that’s why I’m broke. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, John Vere said:

I always felt left out that every band I’ve been in since I was 12 years old practiced in a basement. 

I’ve never been in a Garage band. I wonder what it’s like? Are garage band’s better than basement bands? 
I’ve only ever had a carport and they are pretty cold in the winter for practicing. I guess that’s why I’m broke. 

Living in Florida, I never had a basement to practice in. Florida is too close to sea level for that.

I've practiced in carports, and garages though.

When I was a student sax player, we watched the house next door for the owners when they were up-north for 9 months of the year. The built the home, hopefully to retire in. My mom got sick of me practicing hours and hours, so she would send me next door. It wasn't bad, the house had good acoustics.

• Like 2

They reluctantly bought me an acoustic guitar for my birthday.

Had to play it outside or in my room.

Then I saved up my money and bought me a Fender knock-off and a Kalamazoo amp.

Then they made me go outside in the backyard shed. 

Back then there wasn't the proliferation of A/C units. If you had one, you had it in your house, not in some shed!! Back then fans were kinda expensive too, because I never had one in that shed. Box fans weren't around as I remember.

I grew up in South Louisiana. 

I sweated a lot.

Most of the bands I was in played in sheds. The shed was either in someones back yard or out in a field.

Don't think I ever was in a garage band.