French Cheese

On 4/22/2024 at 6:42 AM, craigb said:

You can see how they had to sell it back in the day! 😆

velveeta.jpg

While that could be said to communicate the idea that the makers of Velveeta and I have similar ideas of what is delicious, it could also communicate "this stuff tastes like a55."

BTW, is this for real?

5 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

While that could be said to communicate the idea that the makers of Velveeta and I have similar ideas of what is delicious, it could also communicate "this stuff tastes like a55."

BTW, is this for real?

Define "real..." 😂

Just now, craigb said:

Define "real..." 😂

I wasn't asking the question in terms of The Treachery of Images. I know that "ceci n'est pas une derrière."

However, since Plato expressed his concept of Forms (timeless, absolute, and unchangeable essences of all things, of which objects and matter in the physical world are merely imitations), it could be said to represent that. In this sense, it could be said to be all derrières or if you will, the  derrière.

At least in my universe.

What I meant was whether this image appeared in an actual advertisement for Velveeta. Maybe in Playboy or Esquire during the Mad Men era?

And yes, I'm also wondering whether the model for the upper image in question was represented accurately by the artist, and if so, whether she posed for other works. Because....damn.

BREAKING NEWS.......BREAKING NEWS........BREAKING NEWS.......BREAKING NEWS........BREAKING NEWS.......BREAKING NEWS........BREAKING NEWS.......

A wedding photographer was killed in a freak accident today when a large block of cheese fell from the bell tower of the church and landed on his head while he was taking a group shot of the bride and groom with their respective families.

Friends among the onlookers confirmed that the wedding party tried to alert him , but sadly he made no attempt to move out of the way.

14 minutes ago, paulo said:

BREAKING NEWS.......BREAKING NEWS........BREAKING NEWS.......BREAKING NEWS........BREAKING NEWS.......BREAKING NEWS........BREAKING NEWS.......

A wedding photographer was killed in a freak accident today when a large block of cheese fell from the bell tower of the church and landed on his head while he was taking a group shot of the bride and groom with their respective families.

Friends among the onlookers confirmed that the wedding party tried to alert him , but sadly he made no attempt to move out of the way.

No whey!

Reminds me of Limburger's famous flight...

(We were on a train going through Germany in 1981 when one guy grabbed the smelly stuff someone else had brought onboard and tossed it out the window! 😂 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I worked for a year at Bridel in Retiers, he has more than twenty years as a sewerage, demoulding and packaging operator.

Truth be told, it was just pasteurized cheese that came out of production.

Today, this production line of the Lactalis group is in the process of closing.

My profession for more than thirty years was as a shoe repairman.

Somewhere I stayed at a ready measure in a similar job because of the smell. 😂