Re-Activation needed after just 18 days ?

Hi

I last reactivated CWB (latest version- always keep it updated) on 25/3/24. Just loaded the program again and it's requiring reactivation again (that's 18 days since the last reactivation). Is this the new normal now. Not an issue. But seems rather short.

I don't know why, but sometimes the reactivation toast appears a few weeks after the latest version.
In previous versions, it never showed up for 6 months.

5 hours ago, Greg Wynn said:

I paid for a year and all of the odd toast messages went away.

Paying for a year should not be needed to activate Cakewalk by Bandlab.

All the OP should need to do is sign in to Bandlab at the Browser window that appears after clicking on CbB Help > Sign in to Bandlab (Or sign out then in).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Promidi said:

Paying for a year should not be needed to activate Cakewalk by Bandlab.

All the OP should need to do is sign in to Bandlab at the Browser window that appears after clicking on CbB Help > Sign in to Bandlab (Or sign out then in).

Exactly. This is Cakewalk by Bandlab not Sonar. And signing in is what I did (and always have done once we moved to within DAW activation). I keep a log of actions taken whenever I renew or install a product so i can track if issues arise. Hence the dates being striking.

2 minutes ago, Greg Wynn said:

Sorry folks - I was referring to Sonar. 

I am starting to wonder if now is a good time for a separate forum area specifically for Sonar Early Release ..... 

• Like 1

It won’t be an issue as someday soon nobody will be using Cakewalk anymore. The questions about actually using it have pretty much dried up on this forum now. 

A good gauge of interest in it is reflected on my YouTube channel where only videos with Sonar in title are being watched  and very few views for the Cakewalk videos now. Why do you think Mike had to start a new channel. 

What will be confusing is people Googling for information about Sonar on the internet.  
And it doesn’t help that there’s still web pages offering to sell it  that are for Sonar Platinum line up. 

Other than the topic of activation and purchase there’s no real difference in the actual use of the two versions. 

Edited by John Vere

• 3 weeks later...

Well here we go again. Opened up Cakewalk again today (29/4/24) and I have to activate again with 11 days to go. As per this thread last time was 11/4/24 with 13 days to go and before that 25/3/24 with 13 days to go. Is this to be the new "normal" until Sonar is fully released?

Edited by TracingArcs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TracingArcs said:

Well here we go again. Opened up Cakewalk again today (29/4/24) and I have to activate again with 11 days to go. As per this thread last time was 11/4/24 with 13 days to go and before that 25/3/24 with 13 days to go. Is this to be the new "normal" until Sonar is fully released?

Are you using some Windows cleaner? (CC Cleaner-Microsoft PC Manager...) If it erases cookies, you need to sign-up in Bandlab again.

It happened to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

Hang in there, I hear that a delegation from bandlab is already on the way to the forum to explain everything........

1e3460d2dacfe459bf913f313aedb0ad.jpg&f=1

Edited by paulo
  • Haha 1

On 4/12/2024 at 9:50 AM, Greg Wynn said:

Absolutely !!  I’m a little surprised that hasn’t already happened. 

There is one and it has been up for many months - it is called the Beta (but the area only shows up for those on the Beta, not just those who got an early release version apparently).  

As for the OP,  I've also noticed that CbB now has an annoying short (less than 6 month) activation requirement that is clearly different than what the stated interval is supposed to be.  Nor does it let you re-activate it you are whim and then go offline for 6 months when convenient for the end user.  Major step back from the good old days with zero prompts to re-register.