Can't Get It Out Of My Head (ELO Cover- Bandlab Collaboration)

Ross Smithe

What started as my keyboard/vocal cover has evolved into this full band reproduction of this classic song! Amazing additions by my friends over on Bandlab... Fabian Bono (@fabass2020) on bass, Ross Manariti (@ross_man) on guitar, and Craig Clontz (@craigclontz) on drums. I recorded my parts in Cakewalk, they posted their stuff through BandLab, and I brought it into CW to mix and master. Enjoy!

Edited by Ross Smithe
  • Like 6

Woah! Great song to cover and a great cover of the song! Pretty solid mix - I hear everything! Busy and interesting but in a great way! Super voice to do the piece too! Not much I could suggest to change at all! A mix (especially mine) could always be better, but I've spent years not getting one project finished due to lack of objectivity. That's my problem. I'd not touch this unless it's going to a pro studio/producer for eval. Just splendid! Congrats! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Martin Bannet said:

Woah! Great song to cover and a great cover of the song! Pretty solid mix - I hear everything! Busy and interesting but in a great way! Super voice to do the piece too! Not much I could suggest to change at all! A mix (especially mine) could always be better, but I've spent years not getting one project finished due to lack of objectivity. That's my problem. I'd not touch this unless it's going to a pro studio/producer for eval. Just splendid! Congrats! 

Hey Martin, sincere thanks for the listen and kind encouragement! I have really been enjoying doing more collaboration lately. Definitely a challenge though mixing parts that were tracked in a variety of ways and means. So glad if everything was clear and balanced!

14 hours ago, noynekker said:

Sounds great @Ross Smithe !! Super collaboration, all the parts come together perfectly, really enjoyed this modern take on an old classic . . . your vocals really do it justice as well, well done !

Thanks so much for the listen and kind comments!!

7 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Hi Ross

What a fabulous cover - and your vocals seem made for this.

Always liked this track and you guys have really done it justice

Excellent

Nigel

Hey Nigel, thanks so much for dropping in on this and for the kind comments. Means a lot!