Hey all! Boy, it's been a while. Here's the scoop and a HUGE THANK YOU in advance.
I have done tests with Sonar/Soundforge/Vegas ... my soundcard's native drivers, ASIO drivers, Realtec drivers (PC's own system), WDM drivers and here's what I have after 14-15 minutes of audio. The audio that's recorded via the PC (on any software) LAGS behind the audio that's from say, a Youtube video (downloaded as MP3) or my 2 camera sources (whose audio is ALWAYS in sync - Samsung phone and Sony FX1000). They call it AUDIO DRIFT and it's a mystery. Here's what I've done to assess/fix:
1. Optimized AND Defragged SSD (I know, you're not supposed to defrag, but once was worth a shot) that SONAR/SOUNDFORGE/Vegas runs on - my Operating System Drive: C-Drive.
2. Cleaned out ALL unnecessary Windows bloatware and settings (as per PC optimization guides that have been around for years)
3. Tried JUST USING AUDIO software recording with no video-audio to sync with - same problem, so video is not the issue. Strictly audio recording over time.
4. Defragged 'landing' drives for the audio wav files (2 Terabyte HDD - fairly new)
5. Disabled Realtec/onboard sound in the BIOS
6. Removed ANY additional USER ACCOUNTS
7. Analysed system for ANY odd changes/software upgrades that could have been behind issues - and checked: no viruses/malware etc.
NO JOY. I have narrowed down the problem to one of 3 things:
1. PC hardware (ram/cpu/mobo) is dying (system is 6-years old this coming December)
2. SSD (though reported as health with CrystalDisk) is dying
3. Windows Updates have altered something re Audio Syncing abilities.
Any others I might have missed?
So is there a fix for this that I can do RIGHT IN SONAR (I have Platinum Edition) that will 'shorten' the recording length by a specific amount of bytes to match other audio sources of the same material (from camcorders/phone videos, etc.)?
Seriously if ANYBODY who figures out (not necessarily solves) my issues will get a free copy of any/all recordings I've done (whoopee, huh?) and a link to a handy-dandy EQ-Cut/Boost/Dip Guidance Chart I designed that has had over 500,000 downloads from my Box.com site.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY GUIDANCE RE THE ABOVE. MUCH MUCH APPRECIATED! Looking forward to direction from someone.