BandLab Hits 100million Users

6 hours ago, mettelus said:

Wow, that would be $1.5B per month with subscriptions..

Or as it stands probably nearer $90. 

Many years ago I was told that the first million is always the hardest, so I decided to skip that and start working on the second one. Turns out that it's not quite as easy as it was made out to be.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, pwal³ said:

if we buy shares maybe we can get a free license?

Funny you should mention that! Often my financial advisor goes over my small collection of stocks and points out ones we should ditch and then asks me if there’s anything I was interested in? Next visit I think I’ll get him to check out if Bandlad is listed. 
I was certainly smart 12 years ago when staring at my brand new iPhone I bought some Apple! 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, John Vere said:

Funny you should mention that! Often my financial advisor goes over my small collection of stocks and points out ones we should ditch and then asks me if there’s anything I was interested in? Next visit I think I’ll get him to check out if Bandlad is listed. 
I was certainly smart 12 years ago when staring at my brand new iPhone I bought some Apple! 

Caldecott Music Group as owners of Bandlab aren’t listed as far as I can see, as I’ve already had a look 🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slenderhead said:

Caldecott Music Group as owners of Bandlab...

I looked up Caldecott Music Group  (CMG) and I see that it is apparently the new name for Bandlab, while the name "Bandlab" lives on as the name of their online collab platform. The Bandlab app is pretty much useless to me, but it's described on the website as their "flagship" product. This does not bode well for those of us who need a full-featured, powerful DAW, but it does kind of explain their failure to deliver a product nine and a half months after announcing it, as CMG's priorities might lie more with Bandlab, not Sonar.

Edited by Larry Jones
clarity
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

This does not bode well for those of us who need a full-featured, powerful DAW

How so?

here’s the quote from the link in your post; “The group unites digital audio workstation Cakewalk, and flagship social music creation platform BandLab,”

now granted it says nothing about Sonar, but the DAW seems to feature prominently. 
Why are we looking for “monsters” under the bed?

t

39 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Why are we looking for “monsters” under the bed?

We're not. Their website describes Bandlab as their flagship product (their words), which, according to this thread, now has a hundred million users, probably a few more than Cakewalk/New Sonar. I expect the bulk of corporate and engineering resources will go to the flagship. I'm sure CbB users will get the best CMG can offer, but it's likely the Bandlab platform with its huge user base will come first in the allocation of promotional and development money. I'm the first to hope for a great product when New Sonar is released, because I want to keep using it as my main DAW. But in light of the current situation I do have a "plan B."

• Great Idea 1

51 minutes ago, Larry Jones said:

We're not. Their website describes Bandlab as their flagship product (their words), which, according to this thread, now has a hundred million users, probably a few more than Cakewalk/New Sonar. I expect the bulk of corporate and engineering resources will go to the flagship. I'm sure CbB users will get the best CMG can offer, but it's likely the Bandlab platform with its huge user base will come first in the allocation of promotional and development money. I'm the first to hope for a great product when New Sonar is released, because I want to keep using it as my main DAW. But in light of the current situation I do have a "plan B."

Many of us had to have a "plan B" in 2018, and many here have mentioned money spent elsewhere . . . but we were also able to keep moving forward with the Cakewalk by BandLab free version, which ain't no sub standard DAW, and only ripened on the vine over the last few years. Agreed, the DAW is not going to get the attention or priority of engineering resources from the Mr. BIG corporation . . . but BandLab seems more solid than the last few business partners Cakewalk had . . . so, what should we music creators care, as long as we have a pathway to the future. Nothing is going to end, we can still open our older projects 5 years from now, right ? (he says hopefully) . . . it will just cost more . . . yep, more than free.

• Like 2