Stagecraft Simple Stems 2 (finally!)

cclarry

Hey Windows users -

We have had some initial reports of Simple Stems compatibility issues on some windows machines.

If you have downloaded the update and it does not run, then we are deeply sorry and working to have it fixed shortly.

If you haven't updated yet, you might want to play it safe until you hear from me (should be fixed within a few days).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Windows (11) is not letting me download the original from my account stating it contains a virus.  I can override it but not sure I want to.  This is a new machine and I don't remember this happening before with W10 on my old machine.  There's only one download link so assume it's 2.  Anybody else?

EDIT:  Just saw the emails (per Larry's post).  Second one had the download link for the previous version which downloads fine but does flag when running the .exe

Edited by Fwrend

New info

Simple Stems version 2 work continues.

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far!
All indications are that the mac version is working as desired, and that the windows version has some compatibility issues.

As we finalize some new features, and fix the Windows issues, updates will be posted to the download page (no more emails).

Also, for any users experiencing issues, you can now get the legacy version on the download page as well.

https://www.stagecraftsoftware.com/products/simplestems/

If you find an issue that is not on listed on that page, or have other feedback, feel free to email or join us on discord.

On 3/12/2024 at 6:57 AM, Bapu said:

Latest installer and product works for me.

@BapuJust to satisfy enquiring minds, since my W11 rig updated this morning, I can now get it to install and fire up but it won’t split a file, it just shows loading.  Have you tried splitting ? 

It appears it can’t read the AI model according to SC.

J

29 minutes ago, Jeremy Oakes said:

@BapuJust to satisfy enquiring minds, since my W11 rig updated this morning, I can now get it to install and fire up but it won’t split a file, it just shows loading.  Have you tried splitting ? 

It appears it can’t read the AI model according to SC.

J

I was too quick with my response.

It installs, opens and splits (very slowly), but playback is wonky.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got this email...I havent gotten it yet..

Hey all -

Quick note to let you know, compatibility and usability issues have been sorted out for Simple Stems.

The new version is on the website. It's a free update, and creates crystal clear stems. We've also added a queue, so while your checking out the stems from one tune, a whole list of others can be processing.

A tutorial video is coming soon, and (I'm sure) a few more little bug fixes and new features.

Anyway, as usual, grab it here: www.stagecraftsoftware.com/products/simplestems

Thanks for your support,
Aaron
Stagecraft Software
Founder

• Like 1