Greetings from Brittany in France.

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

Cakewalk isn't like that. Sure Noel's top dog, and not because of his sparkling personality or impressive guitar chops. No, this ubergeek knows his sh*t.  Paulo, when you say "rudderless", what you're really describing is an organization ruled by geeks, not marketing weenies. I'll take that model any day.

I've no doubt about the abilities and good intentions of Noel and his team, but the seemingly chaotic lack of clear direction at the moment is not really a good look for an already failed more than once product (in the sense of it's seeming inability to be financially sustainable) that is about to once again ask people, including those who have already been burned before, to pay for it again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulo said:

I've no doubt about the abilities and good intentions of Noel and his team, but the seemingly chaotic lack of clear direction at the moment is not really a good look for an already failed more than once product (in the sense of it's seeming inability to be financially sustainable) that is about to once again ask people, including those who have already been burned before, to pay for it again. 

From what I observed over the years is, when asked to pay for it, it was broken, badly. Then when the current people bought it, they fixed it, but it was too late. A lot of loyal customers had already moved on.

My personal belief as to why it failed before was stability and nothing to do with marketing,  features, functions, or cost.

To this day I still prefer using Sonar over Studio One. The difference that made me switch was stability. Yeah, a lot of people here claimed to have zero problems, and that may be true for them, but that wasn't the norm across the board and in my opinion that's what put them under. That and more options became available in the same price range that would in fact run flawlessly on almost anything you installed it on.

To the OP, welcome to the forum. There are people here with decades of experience with Sonar who are an invaluable resource and in my opinion the best forum of its kind.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

Yeah, a lot of people here claimed to have zero problems, and that may be true for them, but that wasn't the norm across the board and in my opinion that's what put them under.

Maybe.

Personally, I'm still using the same PC that I had to buy because X3 wouldn't install on the old one and the only "problems" I ever have are the limitations of what that PC can handle, so maybe it's the newer tech/OS that somehow "breaks" the program? IDK anything about that sort of thing. I really hope that they can make a go of it this time, but I think that displaying outward signs that the right hand maybe isn't quite working in tune with the left hand is not the best way to go about it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone,

So that there is no question about my possession of the software that I stated during my first message (I don't want to sound like a mythomaniac),

here are the original dvds that I own.

That's important to me.

Musical Friendship.

IMG_9104.JPG

Edited by PascalHP
  • Like 1

I actually did a massive reduction of most things I was storing out in the garage last November.  It DID include all of my 5.25" and 3.5" floppies (and even a couple of 8" floppies from back in the 1970's!).  MANY other things too...  Felt great!

• Like 1

I got a good feeling about this new Sonar. 

I can see an ubergeek such as Noel saying, "Just let me do it my way, then sit back and watch!" 

Yep, I agree with bit, Noel ain't gonna drop the ball on this one!!

Edited by Grem

On 3/10/2024 at 1:22 PM, craigb said:

...and even a couple of 8" floppies from back in the 1970's!

I wish I still had at least one of them to show the grandkids. But after I folded them in half to stuff into a shoebox with the 3.5 inchers, I reckon they wouldn't be readable anyway, even if I still had an 8" drive.

Welcome to the forum @PascalHP !!!

I guess you can tell many of us have been here a very long time. It seems you back a few years as well unless you were only teething then.

I probably should not be here because I seldom even think about opening Cakewalk any more. The other software forums are boring as watching grass grow. We have interesting characters here and they tolerate each other pretty well.

I had not heard about Cakewalk once again being a paid product. We shall see.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:42 PM, craigb said:

So, Zo's no longer the only one from France here!  Welcome!

I'm another. I moved to Arcachon on the Atlantic coast 45 minutes west of Bordeaux and 2 hours north of Spain almost 3 years ago. So, Pascal covers the northwest, Zo covers Paris and I cover the southwest. Now all we need is someone from Lyon and Marseille or thereabouts, and we have France covered.

Bienvenue, Pascal !

15 hours ago, 57Gregy said:

Welcome to the forum.
Reading the title of your thread I can't help but think of the Coneheads.
Sorry.

For @PascalHP who is probably not familiar with the Coneheads, a semi-regular skit from the TV comedy show Saturday Night Live (SNL). SNL is still on U.S. TV, but has never recaptured the essence of the first two years on the air from October 1975  to the spring of 1977. I was a student at the University of Wisconsin - Madison at the time. The bars would empty out at 22h30 on the Saturday nights when it aired. Everyone went home to watch the show and then went back out to the bars when it ended.

iXa9eTx.jpeg

It was then made into a movie.

Edited by John Maar
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 9:40 AM, John Maar said:

I'm another. I moved to Arcachon on the Atlantic coast 45 minutes west of Bordeaux and 2 hours north of Spain almost 3 years ago. So, Pascal covers the northwest, Zo covers Paris and I cover the southwest. Now all we need is someone from Lyon and Marseille or thereabouts, and we have France covered.

Bienvenue, Pascal !

Sorry , got to the South West before you (44 years ago ......).

But we can share if you like 😉

J

Edited by Jeremy Oakes
  • Great Idea 1