Muze 12 Free Kontakt Instruments 40GB (Limited Time - 15th March)

MusicMan

I'm not sure I like Muze.. I don't know Waya, so I'm not sure I like them either... but free is free so hopefully this helps someone!

Note: This was from an email from Muze directly.

Expand Your Sonic Possibilities

• Muze gives you a huge collection of Kontakt Sampler instruments for free. Keyboards, synths, textures, basses, symphonic instruments and many more that will greatly enrich your collection of instruments. Hurry up, the collection is only available until March 15th!

Features:

• 12 Free Instruments: Drums, Basses, Strings, Pianos, Brass, Celesta, Organ, Harp, Marimba, Xylophone, Horns, Synths, Textures, Pads and many more.
  • 40 GB (Lossless compression) library size and 41094 samples
  • Built-in Effects: Compressor, Delays, Reverb, Limiter & more
  • The graphic interface is simple and elegant, focusing on usability and provides maximum production speed.
  • Sampled with Analog and digital equipment.

Until March 15

https://www.waya.deals/en/coupon/muze/1_products.php

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 1

• MusicMan changed the title to Muze 12 Free Kontakt Instruments 40GB (Limited Time - 15th March)

What is Waya? They want me to install their software to get the freebies. I'm way too paranoid to do that. Especially because it makes no sense to me that they go that route rather than hand out license keys, unless the software installs some adware, spyware, malware, whatever.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

What is Waya? They want me to install their software to get the freebies. I'm way too paranoid to do that. Especially because it makes no sense to me that they go that route rather than handle out license keys, unless the software installs some adware, spyware, malware, whatever.

It just seems to be a Chrome extension downloader which isn't completely surprising given it's 40GB. I'm still installing and downloading on a second computer though and would rather not install it. But it will be uninstalled as soon as I'm finished.

• Like 1

They are offering a lot of software for free,  I am kinda skeptical myself. 

* I looked on YouTube and found some of their software, take a look ~~>   MUZE Virtual Instuments

* Also, Audio Plugin Deals is offering the MUZE Essentials Bundle for $19.99  ~~>  MUZE Essentials Bundle

* From the Audio Plugin Deals website:

"For only $19.99 (normally $300), get the massive MUZE Essentials Bundle!

Weighing in at just over 128GB, the Essentials bundle is an inspiring collection of Kontakt instruments excellent for music, sound design and cinematic composition.

Developed for use with the full version of Kontakt 5.8 or higher, this bundle is an all-in-one resource for crafting soundtracks, cinematic music, epic music trailers – in fact any music that requires powerful, inspirational, hybrid sounds and more.

Originally valued at $300, this bundle is now available for as low as $19.99 with your rewards cash (you save $280) for a limited time only, hurry and save!"

Edited by jesse g
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, satya said:

Hope they r not the demo versions

https://www.muze.shop/files/free/link/free_email.html

They could be demos.. it doesn't mention that unless I missed it, but demos aren't normally free for a set period of time. They're not full versions though either as looking at the size of the full ones, 40GB for all of these isn't enough. So maybe they're a cut down version. My opinion of Muze so far hasn't changed.. haha..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cclarry said:

They are free "light" versions of the products from what I can gather.
The full Aquamarine is 30 GB and the one here is only 2 Gb

Yeah that's my take too Lars.. I don't mind downloading them and at some stage seeing if I like them. I'm not expecting to be impressed, but sometimes I can be surprised.

• Like 2

IMO some of their classical instruments sound quite good (I purchased the Neo Complete bundle some time ago).

The only thing to be aware is that if you open the Kontakt instruments only the near microphone is enabled and that sounds poor. But as soon as you enable some room microphones (you have to click on M=mute, very strange!) and add them to the mix the sound is astonishing for such low-cost instruments. I like especially the woodwinds, but also some of their pianos!

Edited by CSistine
  • Like 1

I like Muse. The band, that is. I don't feel similarly about the developer with the same name. 

Very candidly, Muse is not a high quality developer as many forum members on this and other forums have noted in their posts.

There have been accusations that the developer pirates other developers' libraries. I don't know if that is true, but one criticism I've seen a lot that I know to be true is that Muse bloats up their libraries. For instance, I downloaded several of their libraries that they regularly sold when they were released for free on promotions, and all were excessively bloated, likely only in an attempt to play on the false perception that that file size equals a detailed library.  For example, one of their full piano libraries.  The library was a larger file size than more detailed sample libraries like Noire, Evolution Rosewood Grand or NI Grandeur (three libraries I regularly use). However -- and I'm going on memory -- not every note was sampled, I believe it was something like 3 keys per octave that were sampled and there were only two velocity layers. Beyond the specs, it simply sounded and played like a SoundFont piano from 20+ years ago.  It was unusable. I downloaded and tried other sample libraries from them, included another piano library, and it followed the same template -- ridiculously bloated and not a detailed sample library that one would expect for anything even close to the file size. It's in the realm of what most would consider trickery.  

Now, this obscure website has a questionable plugin they require you to download that Virus blockers say isn't safe.  I put together two lists of freebies on this forum. You can find vastly superior free libraries to anything from Muse there. For piano sample libraries,  there are two superb free libraries  for KONTAKT -- one from SonicCoture  that includes the FREE KONTAKT Player and one form 8Dio. There are Mellotron libraries on my list that are far superior (Muse gave away their Mellotron library before, I deleted it after trying it out). For synths -- there are a wealth of alternatives, just check out my lists. In any event, the more you know about Muse and no one knows anything about WAYA -- the more you see that there really isn't much appeal to the muse libraries and installing software from this unknown small developer and giving them access to your data and what you do on the web -- that, IMO, is a dealbreaker even if the libraries are good, which IMO, is not the case. 

Hard pass recommended. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

I was about to give it a try, but when I wanted to add the chrome extension, it said this:

grafik.png.9bbe63a1517bd5d6b19727ccb9fe78e8.png

"Read and change all your data on all websites"

That's a BIG nope!

It's the same as Bing, Cently, Honey and all the other extensions that check the prices on cart and try all different discount codes automatically to get you the lowest prices.when you're shopping online. That seems to be what Waya is which is pretty common.

That's what every one of them needs to function. Same as password managers, or anything that can fill in any forms.

The only question really is whether you trust them as a company. They're probably fine, but I just did it on a spare computer, cleared all browsing history, installed the extension, downloaded all the files, uninstalled the extension.

Really that just allows you to get to the next step which exposes the links which are all direct downloads.

I did consider posting the direct links for them here, but I thought I might get a strike or ruffle some feathers for doing so 🤣

49 minutes ago, MusicMan said:

It's the same as Bing, Cently, Honey and all the other extensions that check the prices on cart and try all different discount codes automatically to get you the lowest prices.when you're shopping online. That seems to be what Waya is which is pretty common.

That's what every one of them needs to function. Same as password managers, or anything that can fill in any forms.

The only question really is whether you trust them as a company. They're probably fine, but I just did it on a spare computer, cleared all browsing history, installed the extension, downloaded all the files, uninstalled the extension.

Really that just allows you to get to the next step which exposes the links which are all direct downloads.

I did consider posting the direct links for them here, but I thought I might get a strike or ruffle some feathers for doing so 🤣

PM the links, I can post them here, I am not afraid (not implying you are).

• Like 1