Two AAS soundbanks of your choice with Beat magazine #219

audioschmaudio

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Maybe it's me but giving an answer to the freebie is like piracy.

It's certainly against the forum TOS.

Dropping a fiver or finding a way to read the issue via a library membership is a small enough consideration to give Beat and A|A|S.

And for those who think they have everything A|A|S, they usually come out with multiple new soundpacks in between these freebie deals, so at least check and make sure. Their stuff is so great.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 11:57 AM, ralfrobert said:

Or you get it via the mag reader of your public library for no additional cost.

Another way to get Beat is to pick up Readly for a month. 

Just saying.  Endless possibilities.  

Does beat have any options for being read as resizable/fluid text?  I really hate that most digital mags I have come across are just big scans of the pages.

On the other hand, I guess it makes it hard to say "the second word in the paragraph header at the bottom of page 88" when pages are fluid.

23 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

Does beat have any options for being read as resizable/fluid text?  I really hate that most digital mags I have come across are just big scans of the pages.

On the other hand, I guess it makes it hard to say "the second word in the paragraph header at the bottom of page 88" when pages are fluid.

Zinio allows that. 

• 2 weeks later...

and now for the the disappoinment..........

Even though they just released two new packs...........here's what happens

It looks like you are the best customer ever—you already own everything this bonus offers. Thank you and we’ll try to make it up to you in the future.

I guess the new ones don't count. 👎

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

It looks like you are the best customer ever—you already own everything this bonus offers. Thank you and we’ll try to make it up to you in the future.

if you send email to support they will add them for you

• Like 2

On 2/29/2024 at 11:04 PM, Starship Krupa said:

I was pleased to find that Libbyapp from my local library has Beat. Now to wait until this issue comes out....

Maybe you'll be less pleased if you ever want to sign out of it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, paulo said:

Maybe you'll be less pleased if you ever want to sign out of it.

Not sure what you mean by that, but I finally did find Beat via Libby newsstand and snagged another pair of soundpacks to add to the bestiary.

If you're referring to data collection, well, no, I'm not going to search Libby for anything that would flag me with the NSA. 🙄

I also noticed that Beat has freebie lite versions of Chordjam and Speedrum that are worth picking up. It seems to be exactly similar to Speedrum Lite but comes with a useful bunch of samples and pre-rolled kits.

Chordjam is a good thing for fans of MIDI generator-ish plug-ins. Those seem to be dropping left and right these days, I have Loop Engine and now Chordjam Beat but will be letting the smoke settle before looking into any more.

On 3/13/2024 at 10:43 PM, kitekrazy said:

I wrote to support and they replied that they updated their servers to allow the latest packs to work with the promo code. I tried the code again and this time it worked. I was missing only their 2 latest packs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I wrote to support and they replied that they updated their servers to allow the latest packs to work with the promo code. I tried the code again and this time it worked. I was missing only their 2 latest packs.

Same here.  I rarely use AAS but they seem to be loyal to their users do I give them money.

I was searching through the AAS sound packs to select two freebies, and I was reminded how exhausting it is to contemplate the choices they present.

The titles of the libraries are essentially meaningless.

Almost all of the libraries are presented as a grab bag of mystery meat sound design.

The patch list for each library is comprised of names harvested from a psychedelic mad lib game.

I would prefer it if the libraries were closely related to specific themes.

For example, I eagerly purchased and greatly enjoyed the Analog Orchestra sound pack.

For example, I considered the sound pack "Caffeine," which purports to be for Lounge Lizard users but seems intent on turning the Electric Keyboard-themed application into a generic do-it-all synth.  No thanks.

I wish they had choices like "Bass," which focuses exclusively on bass, or "Arpeggios," which focuses exclusively on Arpeggios, or something like that. I know that they have packages named like this, but the contents to frequently diverge from the stated theme.

I ended up choosing Plastic Pop because it seems to be dedicated to vintage synth sounds, and Kicks and Snare because it has a "shaker" that I thought I might be interested in.

With the current method of making everything seem like everything, it exhausts me to find anything useful enough to bother installing, even when they are giving the libraries away for free.  I still have not installed my 2023 Christmas present, and I don't think I have used my 2022 Christmas present, which I installed last summer.

The presentation of the product diminishes the likelihood that I will buy anything.

I really like the AAS instruments, so I wish they would do a more effective job of highlighting what each instrument excels at rather than catering to the collect-them-all hoarder mentality.

Edited by The Dispossessed Orangutan