oversampling up to 32x

fully-variable power section modeling [NEW]

standalone version for quick gripping and ripping

100% perpetual license on multiple devices

$39.99

https://kazrog.com/collections/audio-plugins/products/ampcraft-1992

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

100% perpetual license on multiple devices

I think I already have such license for the Thermionik suite. Unfortunately, it's no longer available for download in my account. Another perpetual license for potentially abandon-ware? Thank you, but no!

Edited by Soundwise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

I think I already have such license for the Thermionik suite. Unfortunately, it's no longer available for download in my account. Another perpetual license for potentially abandon-ware? Thank you, but no!

Contact support and they will add the legacy stuff to your account.  

3 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

Contact support and they will add the legacy stuff to your account.  

I know that, thank you. I meant, that I don't like paying for stuff that is likely to become abandoned. Unfortunately, due to such moves Kazrog is one of developers that I don't associate with words "perpetual" and "trustworthy". YMMV.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

I know that, thank you. I meant, that I don't like paying for stuff that is likely to become abandoned. Unfortunately, due to such moves Kazrog is one of developers that I don't associate with words "perpetual" and "trustworthy". YMMV.

Understood.  I agree other companies are better bets for long term relationships. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Soundwise said:

Not sure about that product, but the ones I do have require no additional authorization so even if they go belly up then there is a decent chance they have a number of years of viablelaty on Windows.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

Waves never abandons anything 😁

To be honest,  this is a strong argument in favor of Waves in a commercial studio environment.  And the reason I bought Platinum.  

Edited by ralfrobert
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Soundwise said:

21 hours ago, Soundwise said:

21 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Not sure about that product, but the ones I do have require no additional authorization so even if they go belly up then there is a decent chance they have a number of years of viablelaty on Windows.

For the Thermionik stuff I think you have to sign up to the new web site as a starter, if I'm recalling correctly, when I went through it way back it was no drama to get all my stuff anyway, I think it was just there come to think of it, idk. Back then I had all the Thermionik stuff, ReCabinet, and KClip there was no issue with authorizing the stuff. After it went eol, when you downloaded the zip it contained a file which read

Thermionik, Recabinet 5, KClip 2, masterDither, ValvEQ authorization instructions

Our legacy login/password based plugin authorization system is no longer online, so if you find yourself stuck in demo mode, simply unzip the legacy user keyfile and copy to the appropriate path.

Mac:
/Users/YOUR_USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Kazrog LLC/kazrog.key

Windows:
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kazrog LLC\kazrog.key

* Where YOUR_USERNAME is your actual username.

If done successfully, your plugin will be shown as "Registered to Legacy User." This is normal - you're set!

Can't get much easier than that, apart from no protection at all, It's not reliant on anything outside your computer, apart from Windows shutting you down somehow (which is unlikely) they will just keep on running and having the ability to re auth completely in house for a very long time.

2 hours ago, heath row said:

For the Thermionik stuff I think you have to sign up to the new web site as a starter, if I'm recalling correctly, when I went through it way back it was no drama to get all my stuff anyway, I think it was just there

I had been going through this procedure already, when Thermionic was discontinued. Shaun added legacy products to my account. No drama, indeed. Yet, it's quite outdated, not being developed and, despite claims that the AmpCraft replaces Thermionic, it doesn't. Thermionic suite had dozens of amp models, not one. Also, there is no upgrade path from one product to another. The "drama", if you wish to call it that way, is not about regaining access to something very old and hardly relevant. IME, buying Kazrog software often leads to a dead end, when a purchased product becomes obsolete, abandoned and hidden from customer's account.

Edited by Soundwise

5 hours ago, Soundwise said:

I had been going through this procedure already, when Thermionic was discontinued. Shaun added legacy products to my account. No drama, indeed. Yet, it's quite outdated, not being developed and, despite claims that the AmpCraft replaces Thermionic, it doesn't. Thermionic suite had dozens of amp models, not one. Also, there is no upgrade path from one product to another. The "drama", if you wish to call it that way, is not about regaining access to something very old and hardly relevant. IME, buying Kazrog software often leads to a dead end, when a purchased product becomes obsolete, abandoned and hidden from customer's account.

At this point I even consider new amp sims outdated upon release given TONEX is on the market (and has hit $40 or less price points).  

• Great Idea 1