oeksound announces Bloom adaptive tone shaper

satya

https://oeksound.com/plugins/bloom/

oeksound has announced its upcoming audio plugin which analyzes the character of a signal and applies corrections to the perceived tonal balance for a more even and refined sound. This lets the user shape the tone and character of a track, for example by adding warmth, brightness, or clarity.

The adjustments of Bloom are dynamic and context-aware. This makes the plugin quick and intuitive to use and helps keep the material sounding natural even when making radical changes.

When its main “amount” control is turned up, Bloom aims to make the sound more balanced. It does this in a way that is context-aware, constantly changing based on input, and tuned by ear by oeksound’s engineers. The result can work as an efficient starting point in the mixing process, offering a quick way to even out and refine the tonal characteristics of a sound.

Four frequency balance sliders can be used to further shape the tone to taste, enabling both fine adjustments and radical transformations. These sliders change the overall tonal balance that Bloom is working towards, rather than making absolute cuts or boosts as found in an EQ. An additional squash mode engages a form of frequency-dependent compression. Other features include attack and release controls, mid/side functionality, and low latency mode.

Bloom will be available soon in VST3, AU, and AAX formats

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bapu said:

Reads like a variation on Soothe3 but maybe even more AI based.

I imagine it will be $79 intro price and $99 thereafter.

Me thinks your imagination runeth wild, I'll take your $79 and $99 and double it.

• Haha 5

And then there's Bloom Vocal Aether just released by Excite Audio.. I think these guys need to use different AI / LLM for creating their product names 🤣

As for price, they released some plugins that were a lot more expensive than the competition and got away with it.. I wouldn't be surprised if they charge like a wounded bull for this one  Will be a nice surprise if they don't though.

Edited by MusicMan
  • Like 2

So apparently they're showing this at NAMM and people who got to try it were blown away. It's a more intuitive, intelligent and tweakable Gullfoss, basically.

Also, I second the notion this will easily be $180 if not higher.

• Like 1

Sounds like Gulfoss with a 4 band eq built into it? And magic dynamic audio dependent frequency things?

My Gulfoss use is on the master bus, predictably around Tame 20, Recover 15, so pretty minimal and quick. My Soothe use is never on master bus,  probably just vocals, and I agree too many controls that do similar things, taking longer.

I wonder if people who go to NAMM are often "blown away" because, they have invested a lot of time and money going to NAMM.

• Like 3

I've never been blown away at NAMM. But I don't go there for the *****.

I'll be right there tomorrow at 5AM. I having brekkie with my mate @daryl1968 and driving him to LAX so he can get the 'ell out of this god forsaken country. 🙂 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Bapu said:

I've never been blown away at NAMM. But I don't go there for the *****.

I'll be right there tomorrow at 5AM. I having brekkie with my mate @daryl1968 and driving him to LAX so he can get the 'ell out of this god forsaken country. 🙂 

I loves me some Bapu

• Like 1