New: VEA – iZotope’s new voice enhancement tool

TheSteven

I downloaded the trial version and it looks very interesting out of the box. My use case would be for live-streaming and demo voiceovers, so one concern I had was overall latency which I am still working on figuring out how much, if any it adds to the processing chain.

The noise reduction does seem to work very transparently without creating lots of odd artifacts which I thought was impressive. More testing to come.

It was also Interesting to see the $29 price tag….hmmmmm ;^)

Joyfully,
Simeon

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Would love something like this for my singing voice…

I find the biggest thing that improves my vocals is forgetting to turn on the phantom power to my condenser microphone.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

I downloaded the trial version and it looks very interesting out of the box. My use case would be for live-streaming and demo voiceovers, so one concern I had was overall latency which I am still working on figuring out how much, if any it adds to the processing chain.

The noise reduction does seem to work very transparently without creating lots of odd artifacts which I thought was impressive. More testing to come.

It was also Interesting to see the $29 price tag….hmmmmm ;^)

Joyfully,
Simeon

Thanks for sharing. I'd be grateful if you could update your results here or post to a video if you do one after you spend more time (as you've said ia coming), as I was interested in this for voice-over applications.

Thanks! Peter. 

I haven't tried this yet but seems an odd play to not really market something as an AI noise reduction tool ala ClarityVX or Goyo Super tone Clear.

They already have Nectar as an "ai" assisted vocal clarity/enhancer with multiple product tiers.  A v4 update would be a clear way to add the noise reduction component.

And if the emphasis isn't on noise reduction using AI, then isn't it at the core a Nectar competitor?

• Like 1

Just from the overview, VEA has "most" of the easy screen from Nectar 4 on it, so it makes me wonder if it is simply a lesser version of that section. If so, that is actually driving modules behind the scenes (you just cannot edit them), but may be a very viable alterative to Nectar 4 for some folks.