I Miss You Guys

2 hours ago, Jimbo 88 said:

Seems things are way slower around here. 

EVERY forum (or similar) that I'm on as well as others I know of are slow right now!  A sign of the times is my guess.

21 hours ago, Steve Patrick said:

I miss you guys too.  But I am a lazy sumbitch as you know.  And fairly self-centered.  And distracted.  What were we talking about?

We were talking about how to download guitar pics. 😁

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I miss Crush

I miss Mcq. I bumped in to him a few times on the S1 forum years ago. I remember he mentioned here that he was working on a diy laser needle for playing LP's. One that didn't cost $30,000. I always wondered how he made out with that.

7 hours ago, bitflipper said:

I miss Crush...

"I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW" - Crush, on the SONAR forum

"I'M SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW" - Crush, on the Studio One forum

"I'm so frustrated right now" - Crush, on the Reaper forum

I guess whoever that is at least seems to be managing their anger better now.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Ubiquitous Bubba. The forum was his scratchpad for creative writing exercises.

Clink Swank is another who'd occasionally throw out some droll zingers. "Our tools don't adapt to our demands. I've been having this argument with my guitar for about fifty years".

But one of my favorite quotes is from none other than our ol' pal himself, Patrick. "Can you drag and drop your unending sadness into a project and then delete it?"

• Haha 4

Well I'm glad I decided to drop in and say hello. Sounds like there's still a core group of silver-backs lurking about. I'm very curious about what the future holds for Sonar. It's kind of amazing that some of us have been around since the DOS days and still hope the product will go on.

I guess they announced the big changes coming about six months ago. I've been searching the forums for more news and I can't find anything. Subscription based use seems to be a trend in software, but I just don't care for it. I've had MS Office for decades. First by personal choice but then because it became a work platform. Since they went subscription I've stopped paying. I use my last version from about 8 years ago. When that stops working I'll find another solution, but it won't be the Office platform.

What path will Sonar follow? I didn't use the free version at all. Just couldn't rationalize all the time and money invested now being given away to people that thought a phone was a good music creation platform. I may come back to the new/old Sonar, provided the old crew and the forums are along for the ride. Until then I have Reaper, Mixcraft, Mixbus and a couple of others. It's not like we don't have options.

1 hour ago, John Templeton said:

people that thought a phone was a good music creation platform.

There have been a couple posts recently that were funny... one had "notable quotables" in it, and the other referenced IT folks gravitating to DAWs for the "past few years" (has been a LOT longer than that). But a notable quotable from you from the old forum (I appreciate good sarcasm) was to the effect: "Everyone with a DAW thinks they are a producer."

2 hours ago, mettelus said:

notable quotable from you from the old forum (I appreciate good sarcasm) was to the effect: "Everyone with a DAW thinks they are a producer."

Well, you are a producer. How good of a producer remains to be seen!! LOL!!

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, mettelus said:

There have been a couple posts recently that were funny... one had "notable quotables" in it, and the other referenced IT folks gravitating to DAWs for the "past few years" (has been a LOT longer than that). But a notable quotable from you from the old forum (I appreciate good sarcasm) was to the effect: "Everyone with a DAW thinks they are a producer."

LOL!  I'm an IT guy who gravitated to a DAW back in the mid-1980's! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1