Melda Production End Of Year Sale

cclarry

Not a lot of the really cheap ones stand out as unique in either design or application, but three of the ones 59% off set stand out (all three have a pretty heavy focus on removing frequency collisions):

1. MCharacter, which is a unique timbre-tweaking tool best suited for monophonic material.
  2. MStereoSpread, which is fairly unique in its processing that will always collapses to mono without issues.
  3. MSpectralDynamics, which @El Diablo had asked about in the Soothe2 thread a while back; that is now $89, so less than half of the cost of Soothe2.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Setting aside my WUP-hatred for a moment, that Waves vocal freebie allows for some interesting Soothe2-ish magic. 
Anyway, got three of them, so I’m good for a few years…

Supposedly, a lot of Waves Audio plugins have been around for tens of years.  I'm not ever going to worry about updating them.

@mettelus I just can't get myself to enjoy using thier interface.  The colors interfere with my colorful sight.  I also got a super deal with Mastering The Mix FUSER, RESO, and Expose for 104.55 USD.  I demoed them before the test verses Soothe 2.  If you have both RESO and FUSER, you'll beat Soothe 2 hands down.  Splitting Soothe 2 into 2 separate plugins was genius!  Thanks for the update on Melda Productions.  I do like thier concept, but just can't get myself to like the interface/ GUI.  I know people talk about themes they have, but I've not see any proof.

• Like 2

To be honest, I have been eyeballing MUnison for awhile.  I'm waiting on it to drop to Waves Audio Harmony sale price.  I've already got Waves Audio Harmony, but I'm curious if MUnison is any better and since I'm a hobbyist musician, I'm trying to get it for what I can afford.

(Edit: They gave it away??). So, I guess I can wait for freebie day... Whenever that is.

Edited by El Diablo

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

To be honest, I have been eyeballing MUnison for awhile.  I'm waiting on it to drop to Waves Audio Harmony sale price.  I've already got Waves Audio Harmony, but I'm curious if MUnison is any better and since I'm a hobbyist musician, I'm trying to get it for what I can afford.

(Edit: They gave it away??). So, I guess I can wait for freebie day... Whenever that is.

I many ways it is.  Melda lifetime updates, no machine limit.  Consumer loyalty - the more you byu direct from Melda the bigger the discount on bundles.  When you have everything bundle all new plugins are also free.

• Like 1

I finally picked up MXXX Core and am excited to dig in.  I also have the CreativeFX bundle and some of the EQ's, so the new MXXX playground should prove pretty useful. Anyone with a large arsenal of Melda have any recommendations as to things beyond CreativeFX bundle and EQ's that are essential for getting the most out of MXXX?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I many ways it is.  Melda lifetime updates, no machine limit.  Consumer loyalty - the more you byu direct from Melda the bigger the discount on bundles.  When you have everything bundle all new plugins are also free.

I saw there was a give away around October of this year for MUnison.  I figured it'll happen again next year or sometime.  When it happens, I'll buy a random plugin from them as a way of "Thanks".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

I saw there was a give away around October of this year for MUnison.  I figured it'll happen again next year or sometime.  When it happens, I'll buy a random plugin from them as a way of "Thanks".

It was given away free as a Thankyou to people who had made previous  cash purchases from United Plugins. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 10:47 PM, Bruno de Souza Lino said:

If only MTurboAmp was cheaper.

Maybe I'll get MDistortionMB or something.

I've been looking at getting MTurbo Amp too.

Can someone who has it share how it compares with others in the category like Neural DSP, Mercuriall, Tonex etc?

Edited by Kal S

1 minute ago, Kal S said:

Can someone who has it share how does it compare with others in the category like Neural DSP, Mercuriall, Tonex etc?

I'd probably get GutarArchitect over TurbAmp as GA has everything both TA and Cabinet have to offer plus more. I thought TA was fine but GuitarArchitect is great. Total Control.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kal S said:

Can someone who has it share how it compares with others in the category like Neural DSP, Mercuriall, Tonex etc?

I've been playing with MTurboAmp and MCabinet this morning, had great fun... the funny thing is when I use my Neural amps it always sounds "very good", that is, it's hard to make a bad tone...  But I also find it hard to make those plugins sounds unique...  Yet when I'm in Melda land, everything is so random and open to experimentation, I feel like the plugin encourages me to tweak and try things, since there are so many cabinets and even after selecting a cabinet they are "devices" meaning they have their own further controls.  I added MDelay and ended up going into exciting territory I'd never find myself in sitting with my Neural plugs...sometimes I make very odd sounds and then soon I strike gold and find I can really "dig into" my playing, very expressive...  highly recommended...

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Kal S said:

ToneX is far more realistic in sound and feel.  

I can get usable stuff out of MTurbo Amp with some of the best IRs on the market, but honestly it simply doesn't get used any longer now that I have ToneX and a bunch of aftermarket packs.  I've even profiled some of my TurboAMP patches with ToneX to get them in "pedal form" but they all got removed from my 150 pedal slots - overturned by better stuff created with real gear.

I could say the same about the others on your list but at least MTurbo Amp has a lot more sounds in the box than the others in your list at a reasonable price point.  But note that with MTurbo AMP you do need an external IR loader (with IRSs) or an external cab sim - it will sound truly awful without one.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, joeletters said:

I've been playing with MTurboAmp and MCabinet this morning, had great fun... the funny thing is when I use my Neural amps it always sounds "very good", that is, it's hard to make a bad tone...  But I also find it hard to make those plugins sounds unique...  Yet when I'm in Melda land, everything is so random and open to experimentation, I feel like the plugin encourages me to tweak and try things, since there are so many cabinets and even after selecting a cabinet they are "devices" meaning they have their own further controls.  I added MDelay and ended up going into exciting territory I'd never find myself in sitting with my Neural plugs...sometimes I make very odd sounds and then soon I strike gold and find I can really "dig into" my playing, very expressive...  highly recommended...

Thanks. That's a great review.

Am also wondering if buying any of the $9 guitar plugins (MAmp and MDistortionMB) will lead to lower upgrade price to the MTurboAmp. It was launched for $19 so still thinking if I want to spend another $49 considering the gazillion guitar VSTs I already have. But your review has helped.

• Like 1