Spitfire black friday save up to 75% off

laglag

3 minutes ago, laglag said:

15 years bundle:$449

Mercury&SymphonicOrgan&Rosonate&AlexEpton-Entropy&Albion Slstice

I own the 3 most expensive things in that bundle and I can save like $12 completing the bundle as opposed to buying the single products.

Dreadful.

• Sad 1

The Ton for $99

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/the-ton?queryID=17e32445ff5268403458077ae142ea05&objectID=b07f81328feb577bfd4352383587a69b3426663447e4e905db3b503041f53b7d

Light the spark and provide instant orchestral inspiration

This limited time bundle is perfect for both new and established composers to light the spark and find instant orchestral inspiration.

Kepler Orchestra — A perfect inspiration library, St taking influence from composers like of Philip Glass, Steve Reich and John Adams. Featuring Strings, brass, woodwinds and an incredible array of synth sounds

eDNA Earth — A Spitifre classic, this epic collection of synthesised orchestral sounds creates a totally unique but versatile sound world. Explore over 1000 presets for instant gratification, or create your own sounds using the eDNA engine.

Abbey Road One: Wondrous Flutes — One of the stand out Abbey Road Film Scoring Selections libraries, this collection features fast, flowing, and fun flute and piccolo performances, with dazzling legato patches, captured within the cinematic acoustics of Abbey Road Studio One.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, BTP said:

It's 269€ for me and I have Solstice. 

I own Albion One, Legacy I, II, III, IV and V  - Collosus is $161 for me. I can complete the Albion series for $671.

However - I've regretted almost every Spitfire purchase I've ever made (and I own a lot) - so I've learned my lesson. Good marketing though. They bamboozled me a couple times. 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

I own Albion One, Legacy I, II, III, IV and V  - Collosus is $161 for me. I can complete the Albion series for $671.

However - I've regretted almost every Spitfire purchase I've ever made (and I own a lot) - so I've learned my lesson. Good marketing though. They bamboozled me a couple times. 

I'm intrigued. @Carl Ewing , why do you regret those purchases?

Edited by PavlovsCat

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

I'm intrigued. @Carl Ewing , why do you regret those purchases?

Unless you're making a soundtrack for a gloomy British detective TV series, most of their stuff has minimal range. I think they listened to an Olafur Arnold's album and thought "everything should like that! including our epic percussion!" 

Okay, not that bad. I just find all their libraries very dull, and at this point, extremely dated sounding, as they really went overboard with that warm & airy soundtrack style - think felt pianos, string harmonics, tape this, tape that, muted percussion, Max Richter, Olafur Arnolds, Nihl Frahm, Jon Hopkins, etc. which was very much in style in 2018 but is now relegated to terrible "slow burn" low budget Netflix dramas. I was also extremely disappointed in Hammers and HZP. It's unbelievable the amount of hype put behind those products, and they are not produced well IMO. I think their string and brass (with the exception of BBC) sound like the orchestra was on heavy doses of Ambien, and the legatos all sound awful.

That's my opinion anyway. I understand a lot of people love their stuff, and a lot of great music gets made with their libraries. I just personally fall asleep every time I load one of their libraries. I also find it funny that "Collossus" is their "epic" Albion library, and it's possibly duller sounding than the low mod wheel settings on anything in Metropolis or Audio Imperia's Nucleus / Jaeger / Talos / Areia.

(Also - LABS is seriously an incredible free library of instruments. Major props to them for making all that available for free. It's really a wonderful series, especially for composers just starting out. That alone makes me feel bad for criticizing their products.)

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4