UAD announces 12 Days of sales - ends Nov 24th. > Day 5 same as Day 4 same as Day 3 same as Day 2

TheSteven

UAD announces 12 Days of sales - ends Nov 24th.

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins.html

Various bundle offers such as buy 3, get 3 etc. (so 6 plugins for $399)
Individual plugs seem to be at same price as last week.  No new coupons in my cart.
And with the bundles still no active discounts for plugins that you already have/own.  :( 

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

♫ On the first day of their sale UAD sent to me... a disappointing offer indeed! ♫

Because I bought the Essential Edition upgrade I arrived into a funny place with UAD: I don't want to buy the Signature Edition Crossgrade because I have already paid ~$50 for some of the plugins in it, but I am probably never going to get a better "complete my bundle" offer from UAD. So I'm probably never going to buy any more UAD plugins. Not that I need any more plugins.

I haven't registered my EE yet so I could try selling it, but that's one hoop more than I'm currently willing to jump through.

I understand that those of you who have invested earlier and more heavily into UAD probably feel much more disappointed by the current prices, but it's kind of funny that I got (slightly) screwed over before I even managed to install a single one of their plugins. :D 

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

I understand that those of you who have invested earlier and more heavily into UAD probably feel much more disappointed by the current prices, but it's kind of funny that I got (slightly) screwed over before I even managed to install a single one of their plugins. :D 

I think in some way they've singlehandedly managed to make every customer segment, new and old feel screwed all at once.. it's really quite the achievement 🤣

They have fixed the problems of existing users not liking their upgrade/crossgrade prices though.. currently you can't even log into your account to check, their website is completely broken.. haha...

• Like 2

• TheSteven changed the title to UAD announces 12 Days of sales - ends Nov 24th. > Day 2 - Avalon VT-737 Channel Strip

Their stubborn stance of only dealing with discounts in support is more disadvantage than advantage.
This is the only place I know of that does not offer a permanent discount based on the number of plugins you have.
I question their attitude of treating customers as testers.🤔

Edited by Kiloteq
  • Like 2

UAD support hosed me on a Signature upgrade from Creative and a bunch of singles that are in Signature.  I'm done with them. What a POS company to pull this upgrade terms switchola so soon after onboarding a boatload of new customers under the original "Complete your bundle" dynamic pricing terms.

Guess Ableton will get my money instead.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1
  • Sad 1

• TheSteven changed the title to UAD announces 12 Days of sales - ends Nov 24th. > Day 3 same stuff as Day 2
3 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

UAD support hosed me on a Signature upgrade from Creative and a bunch of singles that are in Signature.  I'm done with them. What a POS company to pull this upgrade terms switchola so soon after onboarding a boatload of new customers under the original "Complete your bundle" dynamic pricing terms.

Guess Ableton will get my money instead.

Yeah they're burning a lot of bridges. I hope people are smart enough to boycott them rather than reward them for it.

I'll be very wary about giving them any more money because their sh1tty sales practices caused me to regret spending several hundred dollars money with them in only 2.5 months. They're basically teaching people not to spend money with them because buying now is worse than buying later, with no grace period, and you can't trust their marketing messaging, because the opposite of what they've said about what's on offer has been true. They're also teaching people they have no ethics, they will lie about past promises and when evidence is presented they will cover it up and gaslight you into the bargain. Well, the lessons have been learned here. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

On 11/14/2023 at 5:48 PM, Craig N said:

Yeah they're burning a lot of bridges. I hope people are smart enough to boycott them rather than reward them for it.

I'll be very wary about giving them any more money because their sh1tty sales practices caused me to regret spending several hundred dollars money with them in only 2.5 months. They're basically teaching people not to spend money with them because buying now is worse than buying later, with no grace period, and you can't trust their marketing messaging, because the opposite of what they've said about what's on offer has been true. They're also teaching people they have no ethics, they will lie about past promises and when evidence is presented they will cover it up and gaslight you into the bargain. Well, the lessons have been learned here. 

After a fair amount of back and forth bitching and evidentiary wrangling they offered me a reasonably solid deal on the Signature upgrade (I am one plug shy of the old Mix bundle at present).  I'll give them credit for that, although I had to be zealous. I haven't taken the plunge as I'm going to wait and see how BF shapes up elsewhere.  I don't want to reward this shoddy nonsense with my cash but I do love the UA plugs I have.  Hard call. The again, how many compressors and EQ's does a human really need?  Especially a hobbyist schmuck like me?  I know, wrong question hereabouts.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

After a fair amount of back and forth bitching and evidentiary wrangling they offered me a reasonably solid deal on the Signature upgrade (I am one plug shy of the old Mix bundle at present).  I'll give them credit for that, although I had to be zealous. I haven't taken the plunge as I'm going to wait and see how BF shapes up elsewhere.  I don't want to reward this shoddy nonsense with my cash but I do love the UA plugs I have.  Hard call. The again, how many compressors and EQ's does a human really need?  Especially a hobbyist schmuck like me?  I know, wrong question hereabouts.

Fight the good fight. What kind of an offer did they throw at you?

• Like 1

• TheSteven changed the title to UAD announces 12 Days of sales - ends Nov 24th. > Day 5 same as Day 4 same as Day 3 same as Day 2