NeuralDSP Black Friday begins Nov. 17th

cclarry

It’s that time of year again! Our Black Friday savings start very soon, and you’ll be able to get some massive deals on our plugins.

The event will run from November 17th to the 30th, so explore our plugins now and get ready!🤘

This year we will have the following discounts:

All plugins will be 50% off except Archetype: Mateus Asato, which will be 30% off. There will be no flash sales or extra discounts throughout the sale.

https://neuraldsp.com/

What type of music does your friend play? These are good tools but target modern, heavy rock and metal sounds. If your friend is mostly into jazz, pop/rock, or singer/songwriter stuff they may want to look into something like an Ampeg amp emulation. I was going to suggest a free one from Plugin Alliance but it's no longer free. I'm sure we'll see an excellent deal on one of the several on the market this month, maybe even see one for free.

For Neural:

Parallax is probably more versatile and more powerful, especially if the goal is to make it easier to get to finished tracks. It performs the 3-band split signal, distorted mids and distorted highs bass processing commonly used in harder modern music, inside one plugin.

The Darkglass plugin emulates the analog B7K pedal, which definitely "has a sound." It's a unique and good sound, but make sure it's one they want. Edit: the plugin actually cleans up pretty well. So if they're using it to practice or record demos etc. it's fairly versatile and simpler than the Parallax. I might still recommend an Ampeg sim or Tonex as Brian suggests below for versatility.

It looks like Neural themselves made a video comparing the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfX2DUjLaZ0

Edited by mister_tea
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

Lets say I have a friend who Knows nothing about bass tones, out of parallax or darkglass which is more versatile? Say if I were to suggest the one that better fits as a one trick pony bass amp emulation.

Just use the free version of Tonex and be selective with the 20 free captures you can put in it without having to pay a dime.

It can sound better than the Neural stuff with the right profile, and Bass players certainly don't need more than 20 HQ captures.

• Great Idea 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Just use the free version of Tonex and be selective with the 20 free captures you can put in it without having to pay a dime.

It can sound better than the Neural stuff with the right profile, and Bass players certainly don't need more than 20 HQ captures.

that's a good point especially for bass

For users who want more presets the MAX versions of IK Tonex or Amplitube 5 are each on sale for 79.99 this month. The Neural stuff sounds good but gets expensive if you start collecting.

@mister_tea  @Brian Walton thank you both; those are some good nuggets of wisdom—thank you for taking the route of frugality there, too many options out there making it too easy to go overboard. The friend has a couple neural dsp guitar sims, and says nothing but good things about them, so seems like they’ve got a little loyalty in that sense. They can’t use the tonex because their Operating System is too old and they can’t update it. I can probably convince them into making the amplitube work for a cheaper price. Genre wise the friend is doing everything from hard rock to indie folk to americana.  So, not the metal or djenty stuff like the NDSP typically appeals to, but they’re looking for the most realistic way to keep an actual bass cab out of their apartment if they don’t need one (although the real thing always sounds better, their neighbors aren’t the most kind).

8 hours ago, dumbquestions said:

@mister_tea  @Brian Walton thank you both; those are some good nuggets of wisdom—thank you for taking the route of frugality there, too many options out there making it too easy to go overboard. The friend has a couple neural dsp guitar sims, and says nothing but good things about them, so seems like they’ve got a little loyalty in that sense. They can’t use the tonex because their Operating System is too old and they can’t update it. I can probably convince them into making the amplitube work for a cheaper price. Genre wise the friend is doing everything from hard rock to indie folk to americana.  So, not the metal or djenty stuff like the NDSP typically appeals to, but they’re looking for the most realistic way to keep an actual bass cab out of their apartment if they don’t need one (although the real thing always sounds better, their neighbors aren’t the most kind).

Did they try and installing it?  Tonex has far lower cpu consumption than either amplitude of neural dsp.

Over the weekend I fired it up with my bass and just loaded a random Ampeg capture and thought it sounded better than every other modeler in the box I have (all the PA Ampeg sims, amplitude max, basement, audio assault, mguitararchitect,  nembrini, etc, I don't own NeuralDSP because I demod it after tonex and it didnt make the cut all others are wasted purchases prior to Tonex)

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

Did they try and installing it?  Tonex has far lower cpu consumption than either amplitude of neural dsp.

Over the weekend I fired it up with my bass and just loaded a random Ampeg capture and thought it sounded better than every other modeler in the box I have (all the PA Ampeg sims, amplitude max, basement, audio assault, mguitararchitect,  nembrini, etc, I don't own NeuralDSP because I demod it after tonex and it didnt make the cut all others are wasted purchases prior to Tonex)

That is probably the ideal choice but unfortunately he’s on mac osx 10.14 still, so according to the ikm website he wouldn’t be able to install it, while the ndsp sims work fine. Might tell him to just give it a shot anyway and uninstall if it doesn’t work

4 minutes ago, dumbquestions said:

That is probably the ideal choice but unfortunately he’s on mac osx 10.14 still, so according to the ikm website he wouldn’t be able to install it, while the ndsp sims work fine. Might tell him to just give it a shot anyway and uninstall if it doesn’t work

Ahh MAC user...I was thinking Windows which tends to actually have compatibility even if not officially in the "support list"

• Like 1