Caution updating to NI Kontakt 7.6.1

TracingArcs

Just a word of caution regarding the update to Kontakt 7.6.1 from 7.6.0. On the NI forum many are experiencing high CPU loads and other anomalies. And i have experienced the following. There was an update to the Play series Glaze and Melted Vibes to 2.0.0 plus the Kontakt update. So I updated Kontakt to 7.6.1 and the Play series to 2.0.0

Kontakt then said when I tried to import both of these just to see what was different. Stated my version of kontakt was to old ?????? And unable to use them.

The solution is to download from NI a retrograde to 7.6.0  This fixes the cpu issues and strangely enough both the updated Play series open in 7.6.0

The retrograde to K7.6.0 is available here if you need it https://community.native-instruments.com/discussion/17691/kontakt-7-6-1-update-causes-cpu-spikes-crashes

• Like 5
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Peter Hintze said:

Yes, btw. 

could any of you try out some 8dio libraries that have heavy CPU spikes and do not work starting from KONTAKT 7.5.0? 

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/cpu-spikes-with-8dio-libraries-can-you-try-if-you-have-the-same-issues-starting-with-k7-5-0.144608/

Load them into Kontakt 6.

• Great Idea 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/21/2023 at 7:22 AM, JoeGBradford said:

NI seems to be having a lot of issues with their updates!

I think they are making more enemies than friends.   Soon it will only be the Kontak diehards holding it together.

Some of their older stuff that is never updated works great. 

This Soundwide Group is making things worse.

Don't update if it is not broken since you'll be doing more updates to reach a point where the broken becomes unbroken.  

• Like 1

On 10/22/2023 at 2:16 PM, Cookie Jarvis said:

I worked with the latest Kontakt 7 yesterday with no issues. Probably 6 instances with 8Dio, Lunaris, NI stuff, etc. Never had a problem with NI Access either...what am I doing wrong? :)

Bill

Now they will target you.

I have had real problems with kontakt 7 - my machine is a very current high spec i9

I have never been able to open Kontakt 7 on my desktop, so I still use V6 and am very happy.

I can open 7 inside my DAW, but it really is a bit of a dog in my very humble opinion, so again I prefer 6

I am only using 7 in my DAW for libraries I cannot open in 6

I have updated 7 many times since launch, although I have not applied this latest update

what a sorry mess

Nigel