APD Deal: Virtual String Machine by GForce Software - 69% Off!

cclarry

15 minutes ago, Frank said:

Is vst3 supported here?

I don't think so Frank. They're slowly working their way through their plugins and adding VST3 and the new preset browser etc (much needed for some of them!) but normally release a new paid update.

To get VST3 you would likely need to buy the new version as an update on top of this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Virtual String Machine is on version 3 already. Version 2 to version 3 upgrade was free. The recent synths they've charged for upgrades have had totally rewritten synthesizer engines and totally new presets. Version 3 already has a pretty big UI and sounds really good.

So if they just roll out a new skin and VST3 support + Apple Silicon support with the new preset browser, maybe it won't be a paid upgrade. But I guess the more work they put into it, the more justification there is for an upgrade fee, and fairly so. 

Edited by Craig N
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Frank said:

Is vst3 supported here?

No. VST2 (32 & 64) Last release was v3.0.0  14 October 2019

Debbie the Deal Downer here...  I picked this up and never use it. 
The preset browser / patch browser is too painful - no way to preview anything other than loading it.  So unless you know exactly what you're looking for you end up wasting a lot of time.  I just don't have that kind of patience.

If they rewrite the GUI, then a VST3 version would be nice otherwise I'll probably just delete it at some point.

Edited by TheSteven
used wrong quote
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1