MNTRA 9.99 any instrument

satya

I wonder if it's account based then or something...

I should be signed up to their newsletter but haven't received an email.

Did the code work for you when you were logged out and simply browsed the store normally w/ out using the newsletter link (which for me, doesn't seem to work anymore than anything else I've tried)? Or did it start working only when you logged in?

So clearly it's not even account based. Don't think I've ever seen a voucher code work so randomly in any store.

Kept testing a bit more and it does indeed seem to be account based.

If you already have libraries from them, it doesn't seem to work. Unless someone proves that wrong by already having libraries from them AND getting the discount anyway (cclarry?)

But as I understand it. If you've got/bought a library already, then no discount for you. Thus doesn't work when you're logged in.

If you're logged out but use the same email as your existing account (without logging in), no discount for you.

If you're logged out, you have to write something to the email address for the discount to actually show up. However, if that email address is the same as the one you have on your account, it doesn't work.

Blargh.

Edited by Kirean

I had to create a new account with a different email address.  Then the discount code worked.  It wouldn't work under my original account.  It took a few steps to download the .zip file under the new account and move the unzipped files to the appropriate folder into my Mntra library folder.  I tried talking with 'chat,' but they are apparently out for the day.  But working now.  Thanks for the tips.  

4 hours ago, Kirean said:

If you already have libraries from them, it doesn't seem to work. Unless someone proves that wrong by already having libraries from them AND getting the discount anyway (cclarry?)

I have Huracan and got the discount. But I got it free, so I never spent any money in their shop. Maybe that makes a difference.

17 hours ago, audioschmaudio said:

I have Huracan and got the discount. But I got it free, so I never spent any money in their shop. Maybe that makes a difference.

This seems to be exactly the case, at least if my support interaction was anything to go by.

If you've bought all your stuff via other sellers, voucher will work. However, if you've directly supported them at any point, voucher will not work.

So what do we learn from this? Never buy direct from the developer themselves as your business is valued a lot less. 

Guess I'll spend the ten bucks on a can of Surströmming to wash away the bad taste.

• Like 1

The last date to get Caprakan or Orakle X is today - the rest are October 1st

Although this seems an unmissable bargain, after listening to all the preset demos from each instrument and most of the demo music they all seem a bit meh unless being used for sound design in films. Anyone think the same?

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

43 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

Although this seems an unmissable bargain, after listening to all the preset demos from each instrument and most of the demo music they all seem a bit meh unless being used for sound design in films. Anyone think the same?

Exactly what I thought. I listened to the demos and they don't sound like anything I want or need for the type of music that I want to make.

And I don't get impressed by huge discounts. Not in the audio software industry.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

50 minutes ago, audioschmaudio said:

Exactly what I thought. I listened to the demos and they don't sound like anything I want or need for the type of music that I want to make.

And I don't get impressed by huge discounts. Not in the audio software industry.

Glad someone agrees - I love cinematic sounds but I have hundreds of them - mostly via free / cheap instruments such as Soundpaint libraries & LABS so I think I will pass on this. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoeGBradford said:

Glad someone agrees - I love cinematic sounds but I have hundreds of them - mostly via free / cheap instruments such as Soundpaint libraries & LABS so I think I will pass on this. 

I somewhat came to the same conclusion. I'm sure some of them could be fun, but I still haven't even installed and tested some of the libraries from Komplete and from what I can see, there is likely a lot of overlap in that alone, let alone anything else I already have.

Great prices though, so it someone doesn't already have other libraries then this deal is amazing.

• Like 1

Soundpaint's Adastra Ambiences seems to be a good free alternative. People who want ambient instruments should definitely give that one a try too.

I installed it yesterday and was impressed by the many different sounds that you get. I don't understand why it's free.

Edited by audioschmaudio
  • Like 2