FREE IK Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE

Patrick Wichrowski

48 minutes ago, JT music said:

A total ridiculousness, Miroslav Philharmonik does not work if SampleTank is not installed, the instrument itself a real old crap of almost 8 gb of similar presets with very little fidelity for the current times, now I understand why they give it away, it's not for the month of classical music but for the month of ingenuous, so that later they can sell the ST expansions through custon Shop, don't be fooled, this is pure commercial strategy.

You don't need SampleTank installed, it will create the ST directory structure it needs (it is an ST3-era/based library).  More information is in this FAQ:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1135

14 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

You don't need SampleTank installed, it will create the ST directory structure it needs (it is an ST3-era/based library).  More information is in this FAQ:  https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1135

That is not so Mr. Peter, read the previous comments where it is explained very well that the Miroslav Philharmonik gives error when opening both as vst and independent, it only works if SampleTank is installed which even in the installation of the ik manager is required to be installed, a real odyssey to install MF later because only one of the three Zip is also installed, throwing error every time, the only solution for downloading the three files from the official website which also as I said above does not work as independent vst but under sample tank.

41 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

This is getting painful Peter...

What have I done wrong? Miroslav is installed and authorized, but the Cakewalk VST Scanner continues to fail when it hits this app. Claiming something about vpa files not loading and some kind of controller error?

I just installed SampleTank once again but that didn't fix anything either.

What am I missing? Why won't Miroslav load? Very typical windows 10 setup. All else is working fine including SampleTank...

That is not wrong, it is the FAQ that our Support Manager and Testing Manager have verified is still valid.  If you have issues with that FAQ, you'll need to reach out to IK Support.  They're the ones that can help if you are not experiencing the expected behavior installing and running any IK product and if the FAQs do not help.

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

To offer more info... These are the two error messages I continue to get when vst scanner hits the Miroslav plugin...

Miroslav Error 1.png

Miroslav Error 2.png

Yeah Baby!

Got it working at last!

Thanks for the cool software and the assistance getting it working.

Reverting back to version 2.0.5 did the trick... Something it doesn't like in .6

I'm impressed so far. With all the complaining of how old and lo-fi (comparitive) this set is, I'm finding it quite elegant. I don't do a lot of orchestra but I'm sure these will be a big help!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keni said:

Yeah Baby!

Got it working at last!

Reverting back to version 2.0.5 did the trick... Something it doesn't like in .6

I'm impressed so far. With all the complaining of how old and lo-fi (comparitive) this set is, I'm finding it quite elegant. I don't do a lot of orchestra but I'm sure these will be a big help!

It was made for those who don't do a lot of orchestra.

3 minutes ago, Keni said:

Really? I guess I can always re-install the older version again if not. Hopefully I won't have to re-install all the sounds! 😉

No. You can move the sounds to other drives and have the player locate them.  I find the Miroslav Player easier to use than Sampletank.  Sampletank browser is such a mess.

37 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

No. You can move the sounds to other drives and have the player locate them.  I find the Miroslav Player easier to use than Sampletank.  Sampletank browser is such a mess.

Yeah, that was my impression as well. I still have a boxed copy if the original SampleTank from back in the floppy disk days! I find stuff all over the place inside SampleTank and constantly changing windows

17 hours ago, Keni said:

Not what I mean...

I got the plugin. Product Manager sshows it as installed and authorized, but when I run Cakewalk's VST Scanner, it fails to load with two errors. One being something about  controller? and the other unable to load .vpa file (whatever that is).

So I've got it but can't get it working!

No problems here. But I always use the old Authorization Manager after installation to avoid samples not loading in Sample Tank. Also I install with Administrator privileges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keni said:

Yeah Baby!

Got it working at last!

I loved the Cathedral Organ with the ConvoRoom Church reverb. :x

• Like 1

On 9/19/2023 at 12:32 PM, PavlovsCat said:

Yeah, IK's policy of charging customers $10 USD to re-download libraries after 180 days is definitely not a good,, customer friendly,  policy, IMO. I always hoped they'd eventually drop that, but that hasn't happened. 

But that's not even the worst of it. This time limitation also applies to libraries from free products like Sampletank CS, Syntronik 2 CS and MODO Drum CS. Your free product can literally start costing you money simply because you waited too much to use it.

• Like 1

I download when I purchase and then back up to bluray. If I don't have the room now I can always install later from back up when  I do! It's not rocket science ;) My current rig has 18tb of storage and has room for 4 more hdd and 1 more ssd or no more hdd and 2 more ssd. I never understood why people like to do things the hard way and then blame everyone else... Guess I'm old :)

Bill