OTS NEW RELEASE: Evolution Classic Rick Bass

cclarry

We're excited to announce the latest addition to our Evolution series: Evolution Classic Rick Bass.

Recorded using a vintage '70s model, Evolution Classic Rick Bass gives you the ultimate raspy, sizzling progressive rock bass tone. The instrument covers picked and fingerstyle playing, and includes palm muted combinations of both as well as other articulations like slapping and popping.

We're discontinuing our other Evolution Rick bass library in favor of this new, more extensively sampled bass. If you bought a copy of Evolution Rick in the past three months (specifically June 1st onward), whether individually or part of a bundle, you'll receive an exclusive crossgrade discount in a separate email.

Evolution Classic Rick Bass is normally $179, but until September 15th you can get your copy at an introductory price of $139.

If you own the Evolution Complete Bundle or the Big Bottom Bundle, you can use the bundle upgrade path to add the library to your collection at a discount as well. And as always, you can redeem your Orange Slices rewards points for an even tastier discount.

We can't wait for you to try out this exciting new release for yourself!

https://www.orangetreesamples.com/products/evolution-classic-rick-bass

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Yes! Yes! Yes!

We live in wonderful times. 
Kudos go to OrangeTreeSamples!

My favorite rock bass players from my youth were Paul McCartney and Chris Squire (later on add John Entwistle, but as much as a I was a huge fan, I needed to see them live to realize how amazing of a bass player he was). Of course, they have in common that they both played Rick basses (of course, McCartney also played the Hofner, which I adore). So, I am really excited to see this new library. Most realistic, playable and configurable guitar and bass libraries on the planet, IMO. 

On a lesser note, there was a part being played in the video that reminded me of the great Derek Smalls bass line on "Big Bottom." Was that just me? 

• Like 5

Favorite presets everyone (played in the video)?

I am blown away at the ratio of presets that hit it out of the park. My picks:

Army Buzz, Back on Track, Bass Battle, Bite Body, Dynamite Bass Stereo, Grain Fed, Ironing Board, Kaleidoscope Eyes, Lemonhead (a distorted Rick bass always gets me), Organic Fat, Rock Giant, Rock Ostinato, Rocky Fingers, Rubber Fingers, Saucy Chorus, Sergeant Rick, Snappy Slap, Snarling Punk, Syrupy Ballad, The Rasp, Thumper, and Wormwood.

Constant Crunch has the bass part that reminds of  Spinal Tap's"Big Bottom."

Also, I can't help but want to steal licks that Greg played in the video! Dead serious. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

Squire!

Chris was an amazing bassist. While I loved all iterations of the band with Jon Anderson in them, Chris Squire and Bill Bruford are among my all-time favorite rock musicians.I love their playing and I think Bruford is a really underrated rock drummer. RIP, Chris Squire and Alan White. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2