RX 10 Elements by iZotope for $10

Niky Serrano

21 minutes ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Is it different from other versions of Rx beyond the obvious new interface look?

I had RX7 elements (and some versions prior to that).  I don't recall them having the De-Reverb module before.  They have taken away the stand alone version in this one but they added the Assistant function to the Plugin version.  Based on the marketing the D-hum now has an adaptive mode.  I didn't see much of anything else advertised as new.

I bought it expecting a resizable UI update at this point, but if it exists - I don't know how to make it work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:
1 hour ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Is it different from other versions of Rx beyond the obvious new interface look?

I had RX7 elements (and some versions prior to that).  I don't recall them having the De-Reverb module before.  They have taken away the stand alone version in this one but they added the Assistant function to the Plugin version.  Based on the marketing the D-hum now has an adaptive mode.  I didn't see much of anything else advertised as new.

I bought it expecting a resizable UI update at this point, but if it exists - I don't know how to make it work.

I too have RX7 Elements, it does have a Repair Assistant, fwiw. I was wondering about reasons for getting this RX10 Elements in my case. Let us know if you find a good reason!

I've RX7 Elements as well. And the standalone part is essential. I was tempted by this but rather like some of the recent iterations of Elements. They seem to be less expansive then expected (I know they are cut down versions but the new ones seem pared to the bone).

46 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I too have RX7 Elements, it does have a Repair Assistant, fwiw. I was wondering about reasons for getting this RX10 Elements in my case. Let us know if you find a good reason!

It has the repair assist in the standalone but I don't recall it in the plugin version in RX7 elements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Thanks, but this is a comparison between the different version of RX10, not RX7-10, which is what I intended. Sorry if that was not clear from my post. 

While it doesn't compare RX10 with older versions,  it spells out the exact functionality of each version so that you can clearly see if the product has your desired functionality or not. 

Edited by PavlovsCat