Rain

Barry Seymour

Barry , all of you have every reason to be Very proud of this. Excellent production on a Well written song.

It doesn't sound like any of you have lost their edge.. 

I had to back up to that short solo section around 1:45 , 3 times before I got to the end of the song. 

It  sounds like a "classic"                                Good Luck with it ..     mark

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mark skinner said:

Barry , all of you have every reason to be Very proud of this. Excellent production on a Well written song.

It doesn't sound like any of you have lost their edge.. 

I had to back up to that short solo section around 1:45 , 3 times before I got to the end of the song. 

It  sounds like a "classic"                                Good Luck with it ..     mark

Thanks Mark, I'll pass that along.

What did you mean "you had to back up" to the solo section?

3 minutes ago, Barry Seymour said:

What did you mean "you had to back up" to the solo section?

I liked it So much ..  I had to hear it more before continuing. I was trying to figure out how you were doing those quick flurries with your pick. I thought the timing was brilliant !  I have only heard that done once by a pro banjo player.                                       Impressive on a guitar ..                     mark

• Like 1

This is a really great song. I don't hear songs like these on the radio anymore. Captures the spirit of the late sixties and early seventies perfectly. The horn parts are great. Vox are great. All instruments clear and well defined. My only crits and nits are a bit over use of the horn hook throughout the song and would've liked a smoother rain sounds edit at the ending🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Sounds real good, Barry, and I like the story behind the song too. You and the band should play it at your high school 50th reunion.
-Bjorn

Thanks! Terrifyingly, that's coming up next summer! But I'm the only band mate from the class of '74. The rest are 73 or 75.

Hey Barry . . . what a classy smooth sounding song, and the recording + mixing are top notch. The video really helps convey the authenticity and realism of the song, with all the clips of the horn players, and your solo . . . what a great solo ! Could have been a "hit" song in 1972 . . . and it's a total "hit" for me right now !

Just amazing stuff !

Bruce

• Like 1