* Star * SubVibe (Netherlands) Collab - REMIX-

mark skinner

Hello ,  We had such a good time with our last collaboration we immediately started another one. 

This one is just about all SubVibe.  All I did was the electric guitar and some backing vocals. I really like the "spire" synth he used on this and our last song. We both shared the mix/master on this , so if you hear any problems or have suggestions , one of us will figure it out.            Thank You ..   mark

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14641482

Edited by mark skinner
  • Like 5

Man, this is STELLAR.  (Get it?) Great vocals, compelling lyrics, an ethereal sound.

I hear a LOT going on in here, but to your great credit it doesn't get crowded. Along with all the synths, I'm hearing grand piano, acoustic guitar, even a Fender Rhodes with that sweeping stereo sound that was so popular back in the day. I love that sound of acoustic 'real world' instruments in there. Very nicely done. (Of course I'm guessing those are VSTs as well. I'm thinking of one of my favorite jokes - "Honesty and sincerity are the most important things; if you can fake that, you got it made!" 😆)

Only two small quibbles. First, the song needs to build longer. It starts easy, adds a bit in complexity, but then it stays at that level for the rest of the recording.  Recommend holding off on one or two of the atmospherics until the second verse, then add more in third, etc. etc.

Also, the fade out at the end seems rather abrupt. You could smooth that out by fading over a longer time period.

But these are minor quibbles.  I normally wouldn't even mention them, but everything else is so top notch here. 

Please convey my compliments to the singers, too.

Beautiful stuff!

• Thanks 2

Excellent. No nits nor crits. I'm hearing  a production that has realized exactly the mood/texture it set out to create. Another winner👍I'd like to respectfully recommend a listen to the Everything But the Girl song "Driving" as a song with some of the same uplifting musical areas Sub Vibe deliver so well. Please, carry on🎶🎶🎶🎶

• Thanks 2

Thanks guys ,  @Barry Seymour I've reworked the fade out , but not completely satisfied yet. It's been bothering me as well. Restructuring the song may be a problem  but , I Totally understand what you are saying. I'll repost when I'm happy with it. Thank You for your valuable input. @jack c. Thanks for the comment. Ask her again with some cash in your hand .. @Larry T. We appreciate the compliment. I'll for sure check out the song. There's a lot for me to learn in this genre.  Thanks for the listen ..     mark

- Link to SoundClick now reflects Remix - 

Edited by mark skinner
  • Thanks 1

• mark skinner changed the title to Star SubVibe (Netherlands) Collab - REMIX-

@mark skinner

@subvibe

Another great chill pop song from you two ! Loving the thick textures, and the way the electric guitar blends into it all . . . translates from headphones to speakers very nicely, quite well mixed there. For me, it has a very European and urban feel to it, and a kind of dreamy love theme in the lyric. Can't think of anything else it would need . . . just a really enjoyable and relaxing listen.

Bruce

• Thanks 2

• mark skinner changed the title to * Star * SubVibe (Netherlands) Collab - REMIX-