NI Output Sale

cclarry

What are the actual disk requirements for these?

Analog Brass & Winds
Analog Strings
Signal

Either these are actually giant libraries or, very much more likely, the Output website is showing Native Access' disk space requirements, which are something silly like 5 times the size of the actual library.

2 hours ago, jngnz said:

What are the actual disk requirements for these?

Analog Brass & Winds
Analog Strings
Signal

Either these are actually giant libraries or, very much more likely, the Output website is showing Native Access' disk space requirements, which are something silly like 5 times the size of the actual library.

On my system:

Analog Brass & Winds: 14.2 GB
Analog Strings: 18.4 GB
Signal: 19.3 GB

• Sad 1

Saw the reply from Fleer and stimulated my possible interest.

I've never heard of Output "intrument" products before today  but did some research today on three products of possible interest: Exhale (Vocals); Substance (Bass sounds); and maybe Analog Strings.

Curious if these products are worth consideration or your views on how useful they are if you have tried them. views about these products?  "Exhale" would be my primary interest, but the "deal" has to be for three selected Output products.

Appreciate your input if you're familiar with these products.

Edited by NOLAGuy
Can't spell

2 minutes ago, NOLAGuy said:

Saw the reply from Fleer and stimulated my possible interest.

I've never heard of Output "intrument" products before today  but did some research today on three products of possible interest: Exhale (Vocals); Substance (Bass sounds); and maybe Abalog Strings.

Curious if these products are worth consideration or your views on how useful they are if you have tried them. views about these products?  "Exhale" would be my primary interest, but the "deal" has to be for three selected Output products.

Appreciate your input if you're familiar with these products.

Exhale was the one that got me the most, as it was one of the first “vocals-based” instruments of that kind. Next, Analog Strings. In the end I got them all, with the expansions. And definitely their remarkably creative FX, like Portal and Thermal. 

• Thanks 1

If I’d have to pick three instruments, I’d go for Exhale, Analog Strings, and Analig Brass & Winds. But that’s because I’m into organic and ambient orchestral. Don’t think that Signal or Substance are less interesting. But also look at the total bundle, to which you can upgrade later. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fleer said:

If I’d have to pick three instruments, I’d go for Exhale, Analog Strings, and Analig Brass & Winds. But that’s because I’m into organic and ambient orchestral. Don’t think that Signal or Substance are less interesting. But also look at the total bundle, to which you can upgrade later. 

Thanks for the recommendations!!. After reviewing their instrument options and listening to the videos on the Output.com site, the only one that really seems like it would currently work for me is Exhale, which is not (for me) worth paying $199, so I think I'll keep an eye on the NI offers and see if at some point they will offer a super deal on Exhale alone.

• Great Idea 1

I want to want these, but listening to the YouTube demos hasn't really convinced me. Exhale, Signal and the Analog twins sound like any other synth to my ears, but then again I'm not a connoisseur. Substance seems interesting, but I think I can get enough bass from some synth I already own.

Also, I'm concerned that Output is allegedly putting all its eggs in the Arcade basket and hasn't updated the instruments or released new soundbanks in years. In principal, I don't mind using old and working products and there are probably already more sounds than I would need, but it still feels like I would be investing in products that are already on their way out. If Output allowed third parties to create soundbanks and extensions for their instruments, it would be a different situation.

It's interesting, though, that I wouldn't think like this about an orchestral library...

Edited by pseudopop
grammar
  • Like 2

Short review,  very cool indeed! But they suffer from poor preset management, and nothing is "bread and butter" . . . niche and novel is the specialty here.

As an effect, Movement is pretty useful! But it doesn't appear to be part of this sale!

Signal is great for adding weird cool parts to your songs. I don't get on with Analog Strings, they sound much more synthetic than analog to me.

Rev is a bunch of stuff reversed, can make some cool risers. Exhale could be great but I found it has a learning curve and takes more time than I think it needs to to get something useful.

Overall, I'm glad I have them for the sparkle and sprinkle, but honestly I don't use them as often as I could, or should. The GUI's give me a bit more clutter than bread and butter. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

... I don't use them as often as I could, or should.

Curiously, when I browsed through forums to find information about these instruments, people said something along those lines pretty often: "I have them, I like them but I don't really use them (in the final production)."

25 minutes ago, pseudopop said:

Curiously, when I browsed through forums to find information about these instruments, people said something along those lines pretty often: "I have them, I like them but I don't really use them (in the final production)."

That’s what I read as well. Strangely enough, I really like them as very playable and inspiring instruments, without even thinking of any (final) production. They’re just great sounding fun. 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2023 at 7:20 PM, Fleer said:

Exhale was the one that got me the most, as it was one of the first “vocals-based” instruments of that kind. Next, Analog Strings. In the end I got them all, with the expansions. And definitely their remarkably creative FX, like Portal and Thermal. 

11 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Overall, I'm glad I have them for the sparkle and sprinkle, but honestly I don't use them as often as I could, or should. The GUI's give me a bit more clutter than bread and butter. 

Ditto on both the above.
Haven't used their instruments much, mainly because of the amount and type of material that I've been working on recently as opposed to a lacking on their part. 

The one item of Output that I currently use more than all their stuff combined is Thermal (which isn't currently for sale) - love its combination of saturations and modulations.
I'm sure in some cases that I could get similar results with Saturn but Thermal just feels more intuitive.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1