80% off MLimiterX at VSTBuzz

Starship Krupa

Larry already posted this as part of a larger list of VSTBuzz deals, but I think it warrants its own topic.

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/80-off-mlimiterx-by-meldaproduction/

This is one of those cases where getting the plug-in at a deep discount can pay off when the bundle sales come around. Melda licenses purchased from retailers are credited at 50% of list when applied to purchases of bundles that include that plug-in.

MLimiterX is part of the MEssentialsFX, MMixingFX, and MMasteringFX bundles, so if you're interested in any of those, a license for it's good for $54 off. Couple that with one of their periodic 50% off bundles/everything sales, and you can get a nice collection of processors for little money.

Not incidentally, out of all of the limiters in my collection. MLimiterX is my go-to mastering limiter. It's a worthy purchase whether you intend to leverage to a bundle or not.

Caveat: if you've never bought anything from MeldaProduction before, this will qualify as a first purchase, which means that you'll no longer be able to use someone else's referral code to get a 20% new buyer discount.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

Melda licenses purchased from retailers are credited at 50% of list when applied to purchases of bundles that include that plug-in.

They quality for only 35% of the current full price. I redeemed 5 last week and they were all 35% which matches the terms on their site.
Still worth doing as I gained an extra £130 discount on top of what I paid for them.

Edited by Technostica
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Technostica said:

They quality for only 35% of the current full price. I redeemed 5 last week and they were all 35% which matches the terms on their site.
Still worth doing as I gained an extra £130 discount on top of what I paid for them.

My math on Melda's deals is notoriously unreliable (but usually my calculations come out higher than what they actually are). So thanks for the clarification.

I had wondered about how good this one was in the recent Melda sale. I've never really heard it mentioned in any of the mastering forums or groups ever. That's not to say it's bad, it could be totally slept on, but it's unusual. I might have to give it a demo at some stage.

It was probably better for me in the bundle sale than buying it by itself I would've thought as it wasn't much more to get it with some other plugins.. that I probably didn't need either 🤣

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MusicMan said:

I had wondered about how good this one was in the recent Melda sale. I've never really heard it mentioned in any of the mastering forums or groups ever. That's not to say it's bad, it could be totally slept on, but it's unusual. I might have to give it a demo at some stage.

It was probably better for me in the bundle sale than buying it by itself I would've thought as it wasn't much more to get it with some other plugins.. that I probably didn't need either 🤣

I ended up getting it as part of a bundle or I would have never thought about it. It flies under the radar.

41 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

I ended up getting it as part of a bundle or I would have never thought about it. It flies under the radar.

Early on, MeldaProduction came out with MDynamics, which was intended to be The One Dynamics Processor To Rule Them All. Get that and you'll never need another compressor, gate, limiter, expander, whatever.

Which fits with Vojtech's design philosophies. A limiter is the same thing as a compressor with an infinity ratio, so why separate them?

The answer is that there is usability value in reducing complexity (also, you can sell FX to people who don't have the budget for MDynamics). Despite the fact that their features are a subset of MDynamics', with the same underlying code, I use MCompressor and MLimiterX more often than I use MDynamics. MDynamics is just too huge for me to get my head around (for now).

Vojtech has said that he uses MLimiterX when mixing/mastering, which is a pretty good endorsement.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Early on, MeldaProduction came out with MDynamics, which was intended to be The One Dynamics Processor To Rule Them All. Get that and you'll never need another compressor, gate, limiter, expander, whatever.

Which fits with Vojtech's design philosophies. A limiter is the same thing as a compressor with an infinity ratio, so why separate them?

The answer is that there is usability value in reducing complexity (also, you can sell FX to people who don't have the budget for MDynamics). Despite the fact that their features are a subset of MDynamics', with the same underlying code, I use MCompressor and MLimiterX more often than I use MDynamics. MDynamics is just too huge for me to get my head around (for now).

Vojtech has said that he uses MLimiterX when mixing/mastering, which is a pretty good endorsement.

I often find myself overwhelmed by MAutoDynamicEQ. It's too much, yet is not that intuitive when used for more basic things.  Don't get me wrong. It's a great eq and a great budget alternative to fabfilter when on sale, but I honestly find myself using stock mequalizer for basic stuff

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

I often find myself overwhelmed by MAutoDynamicEQ. It's too much, yet is not that intuitive when used for more basic things.  Don't get me wrong. It's a great eq and a great budget alternative to fabfilter when on sale, but I honestly find myself using stock mequalizer for basic stuff

Yes.

MAutoDynamicEQ can do everything that MEQualizer can, and a whole lot more. But what if you don't need the "whole lot more" for a simple EQ task? The "whole lot more" stuff is just distracting.

For me, the automatic stuff, resonance finding, matching, etc., that's specialized. Great to have but not used on every project.

MEQualizer is powerful. The filter types and slopes and harmonics, the analyzer, the automatic band soloing, on and on.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 7:56 PM, MusicMan said:

It probably isn't sexy enough to make it to a mastering forum.  

This is one of my go to limiters on individual tracks as it can be pretty transparent and quite CPU friendly.  

I try to stay out of the loudness war a lot of the time, so it isn't like I use one on everything as some might but even if one did Id imagine the CPU usage and sound quality would make it a viable option.  

I think I got this one as part of the essential bundle and use it as much or more than any other limiter I have.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

MLimiter, part of the FreeFXBundle (which I upgraded to the Pro version), works great for me. I don't need or want the extra saturation features of MLimiterX. I've got plenty of other good tools for that. So, I'll pass on this offer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Maar said:

MLimiter, part of the FreeFXBundle (which I upgraded to the Pro version), works great for me. I don't need or want the extra saturation features of MLimiterX. I've got plenty of other good tools for that. So, I'll pass on this offer.

Are you using MCompresor for this, I don't remember seeing a dedicated limiter in the free bundle?

They also have LimiterMB for even more control.

5 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Are you using MCompresor for this, I don't remember seeing a dedicated limiter in the free bundle?

They also have LimiterMB for even more control.

It never occurred to me that MLimiter might have been deprecated. I have no idea when it got dropped from the installer. My version has a 2015 time stamp. Recently, I picked up Tokyo Dawn Lab's TDR Limiter 6 GE and had started using that, and the stock limiter in Studio One isn't bad, either. I finally held my nose and uninstalled all of my Waves plugins and wrote off the cost. I don't miss those maximizers a bit. And I don't miss Waves a bit either. Being Waves-free didn't feel quite a good as giving up  smoking, but it still felt pretty good. 😄

• Like 2

On 7/2/2023 at 9:20 AM, John Maar said:

It never occurred to me that MLimiter might have been deprecated. I have no idea when it got dropped from the installer. My version has a 2015 time stamp. Recently, I picked up Tokyo Dawn Lab's TDR Limiter 6 GE and had started using that, and the stock limiter in Studio One isn't bad, either. I finally held my nose and uninstalled all of my Waves plugins and wrote off the cost. I don't miss those maximizers a bit. And I don't miss Waves a bit either. Being Waves-free didn't feel quite a good as giving up  smoking, but it still felt pretty good. 😄

Apparently, MLimiter was renamed to MSaturator. 

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=485291

It happened with the release of Melda 11.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170524064206/https://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Apparently, MLimiter was renamed to MSaturator. 

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=485291

It happened with the release of Melda 11.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170524064206/https://www.meldaproduction.com/changes/

Very interesting.

Msaturator is cool but as that post also indicates not actually a limiter so a rebranding makes sense.

Edited by Brian Walton

10 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Very interesting.

Msaturator is cool but as that post also indicates not actually a limiter so a rebranding makes sense.

MSaturator may be the rebranded old MLimiter, but it's not the same UI. MLimiter actually did have a limiting function. With the addition of MLimiterX (not part of the free bundle), I can see the business sense behind the move.

• Like 1