Soundiron 🛎️ Desk Bell! A free library available now for Kontakt 7 Player & NKS

cclarry

When it was free before they had a song contest to use it in. I entered and I think one other forum poster entered. I posted my entry in our song forum, didn’t win the contest which is fine but got listens in maybe top 15 or so contest entries. It was surprisingly versatile. 

1 hour ago, antler said:

Desk Bell has been free before, but this looks like an updated/improved version.

now for Kontakt Player?  might get me to at least try it. looks like they have more that will work with player

3 hours ago, jngnz said:

April fool's.

Can't believe they're wasting their money to licence a desk bell for Kontakt Player.

what i thought as well, might've even commented on the initial release, but mostly because not invested in full Kontakt. ymmv.

4 hours ago, jackson white said:

now for Kontakt Player?  might get me to at least try it. looks like they have more that will work with player

I feel like people don't spend as much money on the full version of Kontakt as they used to in the past, so libraries which require the full version are fated to lose money if they're not priced right.

On 6/20/2023 at 2:24 PM, antler said:

Desk Bell has been free before, but this looks like an updated/improved version. The previous one was surprisingly versatile - the sounds in this are entirely Desk Bell (previous version):

That's really nice,  @antler

I understand the name Desk Bell makes it sound like a joke of a library -- I think they should have named it differently to convey that it's not merely a library of straight desk bell samples, which it has -- but it is largely a collection of sound design presets. SoundIron tuned the desk bell samples and made some very creative and interesting sound design presets/snapshots that I find very usable. I find the tuned desk bell somewhere in between a glockenspiel, a kalimba and chimes. 

I think this is a sweet freebie that does a good job of providing an example of SoundIron's creativity and quality.  Consequently,  it's a win for freebie hunters and for SoundIron wanting to reach sample buyers to give them a taste of their quality and creativity. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1