APD Deal: BFD3 by BFD Drums - 70% Off

cclarry

15 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Wow, isn’t that one of the best drums ITB? Don’t have many myself, but I’m interested. 

Soundwise the samples are spectacular, but sadly the plugin itself is riddled with issues.
It was just recently on sale for $79.99 somewhere, but I can't remember where

It's a dollar cheaper (or less if you have Best Coins) at Best Service

https://www.bestservice.com/en/bfd3.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even though I only have BFD Eco, I love acoustic drums so much, I still keep listening to the demos. I suppose when I finally get an additional hard drive I'll probably pick up BFD3 , and their London and Maple kits. Do they any expansions people who do rock here just love and recommend checking out?

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

Soundwise the samples are spectacular, but sadly the plugin itself is riddled with issues.

Like what? People keep saying this, but I've had zero issues with the plugin in several months of usage.

That said, I recently uninstalled it because, while incredibly fun to play, none of the kits really worked for me and I do own a bunch of extensions. Tough to justify 10% of disk space on my MacBook being gone just for some fun on e-drums.

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Even though I only have BFD Eco, I love acoustic drums so much, I still keep listening to the demos. I suppose when I finally get an additional hard drive I'll probably pick up BFD3 , and their London and Maple kits. Do they any expansions people who do rock here just love and recommend checking out?

Modern Retro might work well for you. It has a Tama Starclassic that feels almost like playing the real thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jngnz said:

Modern Retro might work well for you. It has a Tama Starclassic that feels almost like playing the real thing.

You seem to have figured out my tastes pretty well. How well? I still have two acoustic Tama drum kits from my playing days.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check it  out.  

Edited by PavlovsCat

4 hours ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Just remember that you really have to like it if you buy into the ecosystem. 

If you want to ever sell it, the transfer fee is  $50

Is this including all expansions you might want to transfer?

15 minutes ago, jngnz said:

Is this including all expansions you might want to transfer?

Sorry I've been mistaken, they've changed the rules at some point last year.

Is there a fee to deactivate and transfer a software license?

Any Akai Pro, AIR, BFD, or SONiVOX software licenses authorized through an inMusic Profile will not be subject to any deactivation or transfer fees. Any software using the iLok/Pace authorization system will need to be transferred using the iLok License Manager and may be subject to a fee from iLok. Please visit the iLok Website and FAQ for more details.

Full text:

https://support.bfddrums.com/en/support/solutions/articles/69000823910-how-to-request-a-license-deactivation-for-transfer-or-sale-to-a-new-user

• Like 1

The samples in BFD really are terrific. But, if you're used to (or rely on) the user-friendliness of Toontrack products, and value the sheer range/editability of midi grooves, I don't think you'll have the patience for BFD3. I didn't get on with the gui at all, and trying to make it do what I wanted to just sucked the fun out of making music for me.

Obviously, others may have very different views. In particular, I recall folks who hook up electric drum kits to VSTs being pretty stoked about the playability of BFD3 (esp cymbals, I think).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This week I loaded up the latest update - wasn't really straight forward and took a while, but now, for the first time in a very long time, it seems to work properly!

Will be giving it a bit of a work out over the next few weeks - it would be great if it really does work properly now

Nigel

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

This week I loaded up the latest update - wasn't really straight forward and took a while, but now, for the first time in a very long time, it seems to work properly!

Will be giving it a bit of a work out over the next few weeks - it would be great if it really does work properly now

Nigel

Yeah, let us know!😃

• Like 2

On 6/24/2023 at 7:30 PM, Bajan Blue said:

Nigel

I've been using it without problems for quite a while now. There was an initial teething problem with the brand take over, but the updates  resolved these about 6 months ago. I haven't checked out the newest update. Hopefully it will be even better. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1