Member check... Hey Rain, you still around???

craigb

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Despite the best efforts of the federal witness protection program, the Quebec mafia has detected Rain's presence in Las Vegas. Turns out, tall guys playing guitar loudly aren't that easy to hide. Consequently, he has gone underground and assumed a new identity. I will leave it to you to figure out his new forum handle.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2023 at 5:01 PM, Sheens said:

Yesterday I finally found that box with Rain's old nude mags he wanted back

Thanks mate!

IMG_5801.thumb.jpg.2d57e65ddb49520ff957b283392974ff.jpg

Yeah, I do collect old 70's Penthouse (and other mags form the era) - a blast to read those old articles and reviews about new upcoming talents like Billy Joel and to realize just how much, ultimately, things have remained the same.

• Like 2

good to read you're ok !

Like Billy Joel, have his 'innocent man' album, ofcourse 'Always a woman' = brilliant.

That's an Epiphone or maybe Gibson on your wall ? 

Just pimped Chibsons here...never heard a Gibson in real

sg1.jpg sg2.jpg

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 1

I had a friend who played in an AC/DC tribute band who swore by Chibsons. Great guitarist, too.

That one is a Gibson.  A very nice guitar, although I don't play it as much as I would like, I always seem to revert to my (cheaper) Les Paul Studio. 

67090225_10156684215327582_2129864884697956352_n.thumb.jpg.17a9e1ab7f621457f3b24f5aa512f255.jpg

These are the ones I keep around. The SG, a Mexican Player Strat, a 7-string Schecter Hellraiser (mighty fine guitar), my beloved LP aka the Angry B!tch, and my first quality guitar, Marian, the 1996 US Fender Strat.  But yeah, I always end up with the LP in my hands.

375212777_10160066497792582_4091135478558015216_n.thumb.jpg.75e0a6ec80646808f1b1ee461c19b650.jpg

Edited by Rain
  • Like 1

killer guitars you have ! 

thought about getting a classic '57 pickup....your SG or the LP has one I guess..

Chibsons can be hit or miss, had a few clunkers too. 

never played a Gibson,  I know from Squier to Fender it's guite a step,  feel it immediately when holding the guitar.

Edited by Sheens
  • Like 1

Ah, what a nice way to start off a Friday with!

C'mon man, at least pop in once in a while and let us know you're still alive! 🙂

That large Bruins poster reminds me of how Mad Magazine turned the "B" in the word "Playboy!" (and, probably, for the same reasons, ya? 😆).

Welcome back! 😎

7 hours ago, Rain said:

I do collect old 70's Penthouse (and other mags form the era) - a blast to read those old articles

And still using 70's excuses for buying them..... Bravo sir ! 10/10 for era authenticity.

"No, honestly my love.... I didn't even notice that there were any naked ladies in there because I didn't even look at those pages....."

" So how did you know what pages not to look at....?"

"Erm........ well, erm...... it says on the cover that the fascinating article on vintage steam train journeys, which is obviously the only reason that I bought whatever publication this is, is on pages 73-78 so that's the only pages I looked at.....Phewee..... is it me or is it hot in here......?"

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, craigb said:

Q - What's the best way to fail an AC/DC cover band audition?

A - Tell them you don't play songs in the key of A!  😁

You Shook Me is in G amongst others, Back in Black i can’t  remember etc …….ooops. But i’ll give you the fact they do love that A chord !

I’ll get my coat

J