Not a deal : Customer Friendly Activation Developers Appreciation Thread; Collection of Vendors and Solutions

ralfrobert

Sounds great :D I recon a lot of similar threads on KVR from years ago, devs like Klanghelm, TDS or Valhalla being always praised there for quality, stability, no nonsense activation, no bloatware and reasonably priced alternatives to some big names.

With the most recent changes I only hope we want loose the PA Installation Manager in (un)favor of NI Access.

• Like 3

Rob Papen uses offline authorization. You do however have to generate the necessary keys in your account (online). Spectrasonics works the same as far as I know. I will check when I'm at home, I keep a list of VST's and one of the things I keep track of is the authorization method.

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

55 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

Rob Papen uses offline authorization. You do however have to generate the necessary keys in your account (online). Spectrasonics works the same as far as I know. I will check when I'm at home, I keep a list of VST's and one of the things I keep track of is the authorization method.

But I can’t push myself to get anything from Rob Papen. Is it the GUI? Is it the guy? Donno. 

5 minutes ago, Fleer said:

But I can’t push myself to get anything from Rob Papen. Is it the GUI? Is it the guy? Donno. 

I think Rob Papen products are excellent ... great sound, tons of good presets, workhorses. As for "the guy", this is a matter of taste I think. Support has always been super helpful, and you do not have to watch the livestreams if they are not your cup of tea. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

I think Rob Papen products are excellent ... great sound, tons of good presets, workhorses. As for "the guy", this is a matter of taste I think. Support has always been super helpful, and you do not have to watch the livestreams if they are not your cup of tea. 

It’s the GUI :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, chris.r said:

not organic? we should have a corner for the most organic software here :D 

I attended a seminar on energy efficient programming not long ago. Green software is a topic that is all over the place right now. Perhaps we really should...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ralfrobert said:

I attended a seminar on energy efficient programming not long ago. Green software is a topic that is all over the place right now. Perhaps we really should...

So long they don't require pedaling from me to run I'm fine with it :D 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

It shall remain to be seen but I've read the EULA for Plugin Guru Unify twice and nothing mention on how many installations.  I tried installing it on a 3rd system and wouldn't work. I will try offline authorization.

Always annoyed the only way you can access the EULA is by opening an installer. 

Amazed at the amount of reauthorization when you upgrade your system drive.

The only DAWs I didn't have to reauthorize was FL Studio, Acid Pro 9, Mixcraft 10, Reason

Bandlab, Live, S1, Cubase and believe it or not Reaper which also removed previous settings.

Plugins

IK - reauthorize - was easy

Biggest annoyance was PA.  If you used up 3, you had to go to the webpage and deactivate.  This was about 70 plugins.

This biggest shocker was not having to reauthorize Waves.

This is the beauty of why people favor the physical iLok - you had to do nothing.   If you use your drive as an iLok, you would have to contact vendors to reauthorize.

So far no issues with NI or Melda.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

23 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Biggest annoyance was PA.  If you used up 3, you had to go to the webpage and deactivate.  This was about 70 plugins.

If you go to the Manage Devices page, it looks like there's a button under the Global Activation section to deactivate all your licences with one click.

1 hour ago, antler said:

If you go to the Manage Devices page, it looks like there's a button under the Global Activation section to deactivate all your licences with one click.

Well I feel stupid now.  Then again it gave me the opportunity to remove some plugins.

• 1 month later...

Oblivion Sound Lab:

"Our plugins are protected by a simple serial number. You don’t need to be online to register or use the software.

As a small team we would rather spend our time building great, affordable software, instead of devising convoluted copy protection to outwit pirates."

😃

• Like 2