Mr Wusik Is At It Again

Wibbles

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

Unsubscribing only tells them that the e-mail address you used is live, so they can sell it to other spammers.

I've never had problems with spammers in a long time ... it's just this one that pops up every once in a while. I made the mistake of grabbing some free software (that I never installed), and the "you'll only receive 2 emails" turned out to be something of an underestimate. 

It's kinda sad the regression of Wusik.  It was popular at one time.  He blames issues on mental illness and I don't think people are buying into it.

Forgiveness is hard and he needs to do something to change that.  I left Wusik are no updates and into a paid upgrade.

2 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Unsubscribing only tells them that the e-mail address you used is live, so they can sell it to other spammers.

'Tis why I either block 'em or set a rule.  My domain host got hacked a few years back and my emails got out so I still get well over 200 emails a day... 🤬

Computers-spammail.jpg

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

It's kinda sad the regression of Wusik.  It was popular at one time.  He blames issues on mental illness and I don't think people are buying into it.

Forgiveness is hard and he needs to do something to change that.  I left Wusik are no updates and into a paid upgrade.

for at least ten years he spun that

2 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

That's what I did and it seems to work.

Much better than following the 'unsubscribe' links which don't work for me.

Unsubscribe links simply confirm your e-mail address is active Steve. The junk bin is the best way !

• Great Idea 1

IK  was clogging up my e mail in box w 12 or more e mails every other day often of stuff I already had to boot .

I tried to unsubscribe VIA my e mail ...I K would not honor my request  nor allow me to unsubscribe using that approach  ...

I wound up filling out a support ticket and let them know in no uncertain terms  I no longer wanted to receive e mails from them ever again unless it involved a response  to a ticket for support  I had with them .

In my case that's what it took to resolve my e mail problem

That is all I have to say about IK  for now because if i say anything more I will end up in a full out rant

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

On 6/5/2023 at 1:32 PM, craigb said:

'Tis why I either block 'em or set a rule.  My domain host got hacked a few years back and my emails got out so I still get well over 200 emails a day... 🤬<...snip...>

Me, too. I go to my web host's spam controls and simply block addresses that I don't want to receive any more mail from.

The default does block a lot. Hundreds a day, but it is set to err on the safe side so it rarely blocks wanted mail.

Notes ♫