UAD Summer sale until June 30th

Yan Filiatrault

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins.html?___store=default&___from_store=uaudiofr&setsite=en&_gl=1*1tti975*_ga*MTgwMDE4NDQxLjE2ODQ1Mjk2ODI.*_ga_CPJ5176QFT*MTY4NTExOTA2MS45LjEuMTY4NTExOTM0Ni4wLjAuMA..

I should be able to use the 25$ voucher I received from them.

Edit: They also added another 25$ voucher for June (minimum purchase 99$)

Edited by Yan Filiatrault

7 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I can’t get it, since it’s not native.

The channel strip is native, I believe. The bundle must have been mispriced...it was $74 when I posted and was at $479 when I reopened my browser! Shame on me for waiting! (Just confirmed the channel strip collection is native...but the bundle is now priced at $329!). Some funky pricing going on, but I decided not to pass on the channel strip.

4 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

With all that I spent so far, I'm not buying anything. If they can do these discounts, they probably can match it with BF.

Seems like they're testing the waters and working out what they're worth in an open market with no subscription, or hardware requirement. I suspect there will be some more good discounts to come.

• Great Idea 4

• 4 weeks later...

Question to my online fellas, I'm new to UAD, just bought their Dimension D native plugin. Is there a way to install a single plugins? I spent the whole evening looking up for info but really found nothing besides their UA Connect, is it really the only way? Some devs, like Softube, like to promote their Managers and hide other options like manual or offline installation from user so we often have to dig more to find it.

35 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Question to my online fellas, I'm new to UAD, just bought their Dimension D native plugin. Is there a way to install a single plugins? I spent the whole evening looking up for info but really found nothing besides their UA Connect, is it really the only way? Some devs, like Softube, like to promote their Managers and hide other options like manual or offline installation from user so we often have to dig more to find it.

Sadly that’s not the case with UA native plugins, because there’s no way to install them offline and make them work. Tried copy/paste of VST3 folders from one system to another and plugins are non-functional unless I download UA Connect and re-download them, then UA Connect could be uninstalled and they will still run just fine.

Edited by Marina
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Marina said:

Sadly that’s not the case with UA native plugins, because there’s no way to install them offline and make them work. Tried copy/paste of VST3 folders from one system to another and plugins are non-functional unless I download UA Connect and re-download them, then UA Connect could be uninstalled and they will still run just fine.

Shacks... I knew I will have to compromise comfort going for their sound :D 

I read it's possible to authorize offline once plugins are installed but obviously UA Connect is being used for this, not sure what's the philosophy behind it though since you need to go online for the installation.

Edited by chris.r

19 minutes ago, chris.r said:

Shacks... I knew I will have to compromise comfort going for their sound :D 

I read it's possible to authorize offline once plugins are installed but obviously UA Connect is being used for this, not sure what's the philosophy behind it though since you need to go online for the installation.

UADx should allow you to install only the Dimension D chorus via UAConnect without installing any other plugins.

With that said, I *thought* that the only two ways you could have the native plugins were (a) by having a piece of UA hardware associated with your account, or (b) subscribing to UA Spark. Happy to be corrected on this, though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

UADx should allow you to install only the Dimension D chorus via UAConnect without installing any other plugins.

With that said, I *thought* that the only two ways you could have the native plugins were (a) by having a piece of UA hardware associated with your account, or (b) subscribing to UA Spark. Happy to be corrected on this, though.

https://www.gearnews.com/introducing-native-uad-plugins-now-available-without-subscription/

• Like 1

I'm starting putting pieces of the whole picture together, now I learned that their native plugins are only ilok dongle or cloud... ok that makes me most probably a one plugin customer 😂.

Then I found this (about their download manager/background agent/system clutter/etc called UA Connect):

"After you complete the installation, UA Connect starts automatically. UA Connect runs in the background so it can activate your audio effects and instruments when needed. If UA Connect is not already running, it starts when you instantiate a native UAD plug-in."

Geez... they are trying hard to push me away from their ecosystem, how many background clutters one can run when producing music? If all that is true then I will probably use the plugin twice over the rest of my career, before uninstalling.

Edited by chris.r

• 3 weeks later...

I was not looking for anything in particular and stumbled upon this sale.

Indeed, I'm not looking for compressors, eqs or anything like that.

Even synths... and I'm usually freak about'em, So the emulation of classic synths like minimoog and the like... I pass!

But this Opal synth looks very interesting. An original design with wavetables and great sounding va filters.

Resembles  Serum, but I never cared for this one as it's too much EDM oriented to my taste (and never saw it for a good price).

But the Opal synth is on sale for $59 until Jul-17.  I'll check further but I'll probably bite.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sergio said:

I was not looking for anything in particular and stumbled upon this sale.

Indeed, I'm not looking for compressors, eqs or anything like that.

Even synths... and I'm usually freak about'em, So the emulation of classic synths like minimoog and the like... I pass!

But this Opal synth looks very interesting. An original design with wavetables and great sounding va filters.

Resembles  Serum, but I never cared for this one as it's too much EDM oriented to my taste (and never saw it for a good price).

But the Opal synth is on sale for $59 until Jul-17.  I'll check further but I'll probably bite.

Was looking at that one too, but went for FabFilter Twin 3 and RevealSound Spire.  Together with Arturia Pigments and their V Collection those awesome Dawesome synths from Tracktion I’m all set, notwithstanding U-he, of course. 

• Like 1