Does using a spellchecker help make you feel smarter than you really are ?

Spell checker popping up on me makes me feel feel way stupidier. Basic stuff I've mispelled for years are now apparently a thing ? See ?  I even misspelled misspelled..... this is not okay.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RBH said:

Spell checker popping up on me makes me feel feel way stupidier. Basic stuff I've mispelled for years are now apparently a thing ? See ?  I even misspelled misspelled..... this is not okay.

Way to go BRH!!! 😁

3 hours ago, RBH said:

Yes I feel stupid myself 🤪The good thing about the spellchecker is I can adjust my message to incorporate the 5 dollars words I don't know how to spell into what I'm trying to say as opposed to using only the 50 cent words I know how to spell thereby granting me an elevated false status of pretending to be smarter than I already am .xD

Kenny

10 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

what's a spill chucker?

Isn't that's the guy holding a mop while pushing a bucket of soapy water who has to clean up the spills seniors have recently been  leaving in the magazine aisle of the supermarket ? 

martha-stewart-sports-illustrated-ht-moe

SI_MARTHA_STEWART_SWIM-4-0515-f6b0ae3d9c

After seeing Martha  in this context I may finally decide to ditch all my  Farrah Fawcett posters .:P

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

Spellchecker really isn't as smart as it thinks it is.... 

Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marks four my revue miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word and weight for it to say
Weather eye yam wrong oar write.
It shows me strait a weigh as soon as a mist ache is maid.
It nose bee fore two long and eye can put the error rite.
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it,
I am shore your pleased to no.
Its letter perfect awl the way.
My checker told me sew.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Isn't that's the guy holding a mop while pushing a bucket of soapy water who has to clean up the spills seniors have recently been  leaving in the magazine aisle of the supermarket ? 

martha-stewart-sports-illustrated-ht-moe

SI_MARTHA_STEWART_SWIM-4-0515-f6b0ae3d9c

After seeing Martha  in this context I may finally decide to ditch all my  Farrah Fawcett posters .:P

Kenny

No wonder subscriptions to Sports Illustrated have plummeted 99% since the last 0.4 femtoseconds...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, paulo said:

Spellchecker really isn't as smart as it thinks it is.... 

Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marks four my revue miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word and weight for it to say
Weather eye yam wrong oar write.
It shows me strait a weigh as soon as a mist ache is maid.
It nose bee fore two long and eye can put the error rite.
Its rare lea ever wrong.
Eye have run this poem threw it,
I am shore your pleased to no.
Its letter perfect awl the way.
My checker told me sew.

Oh My ! If  Ernest Hemingway was still around he would definitely want to  take ritting lessons witt you  😅

Kenny

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Lets hear the truth folks .

In my case I would have to say so ...

Kenny

9_9  Er ... Ken, I believe that to be grammatically correct, your spellchecker should have prompted you to add an apostrophe; i.e., Let's  :$

Considering the title of the thread, I think there must be some deep, profound irony lurking within your post.

Best wishes and much lurve from your pedantic friend Strummy.

😊

Edited by SteveStrummerUK
To correct grammatical errors and speeling mistakes picked up by my spellchecker.
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

9_9  Er ... Ken, I believe that to be grammatically correct, your spellchecker should have prompted you to add an apostrophe; i.e., Let's  :$

Considering the title of the thread, I think there must be some deep, profound irony lurking within your post.

😊

Poor Strummy!  He forgot to let Kenny know about the missing comma after "In my case" as well! 😜

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

😊

I starting to think my spellchecker let the Lets slip through because it must have felt the complete utmost urgency and sheer desperation I was feeling inside myself while trying to get my thread topic posted in the sperm of the moment .

Best wishes back to you Steve

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1