I went too Far!

Jimbo 88

OK, so it started out I wanted to tweak one little thing and I ended up going down a huge rabbit hole.    Next thing I I know I'm messing around with Themes.  Very painful as i don't know what I'm doing and had a lot of bad outcomes before I finally just stopped.   I'm not gonna lie, I stole a lot of things from various themes others created.  Copying and pasting as I went along.  Notice the personal logo under the tool bar. The idea stolen from XEL Ohh.           And all its gonna take is one update to come along and this will have been all for ...nothing.                                 1430796873_CakeThemeSample.thumb.JPG.406cbb3051013971f772bd9324852cbf.JPG

8 hours ago, Jimbo 88 said:

Even better I love the look of the knobs

Thanks, they’re all handcrafted in Adobe Illustrator. I should know.

That knob for example consists of 129 different positions, each one moved 34 pixels horizontally with the indicator turned 2.33 degrees clock-wise relative to the preceding knob, making up an image with a total size of 4386x34 pixels, finally saved as a transparent png file.

You really have to think it’s kind of fun to actually do it.

qf07t4x.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Canopus said:

Thanks, they’re all handcrafted in Adobe Illustrator. I should know.

That knob for example consists of 129 different positions, each one moved 34 pixels horizontally with the indicator turned 2.33 degrees clock-wise relative to the preceding knob, making up an image with a total size of 4386x34 pixels, finally saved as a transparent png file.

You really have to think it’s kind of fun to actually do it.

qf07t4x.png

Ha!  Boy, does that bring back memories!  Back around 2008-ish, as part of a contract to Intel, I learned Expression Blend over a weekend and, along with some C#, created the dials that went out on the extra DVD Intel provided with every multi-processor board.  This was the app that could be used to adjust your system performance based on what you were trying to do (i.e., normal, gaming, etc.).  The dials provided racing-style feedback to what the changes were doing to your system.

I also wrote some of the PLC logic that Parker Hannifin used in Wind Turbines that allowed the main axis to rotate backwards instead of turning all the way around to match with wind direction (i.e., moving directly to X instead of 360 degrees minus X).  I was even cited on a General Electric webpage for correcting a water-flow power output formula on one of their hydro-electric pages!

Heck, when I first started using MIDI (and debugging Cakewalk v1.0 with Greg) I was primarily writing with numbers not a keyboard!

I like math. 🤓

Oh, what the heck!  As long as I'm wool-gathering, I'll add what was probably my greatest achievement for cell-phone users! 😁

During my 7+ years of contracting to Verizon Wireless (where I was part of the 1xRTT project which brought the first version of the internet to your phone), I also wrote the fuzzy logic to match up call records as they are passed from cell tower to cell tower.  Doesn't sound that impressive you say?  Well, back in the day, people paid for cell phone usage by the minute and, every time they had a dropped call, it was very frustrating for the user and Verizon lost money because the user could call up, say they were dropped, and get credited for that call.  Calls drop because there was no way to keep each cell tower perfectly on the same time and, with BILLIONS of call records, matching them was not an easy feat!  I fixed that.  😎

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Canopus said:

I should know.

Yes! Canopus, you are one of the people I stole from (probably the main guy).   So, my hat's off to you and thanks!

craigb!  Cool!  I did not know!   Very impressive.

The only thing I can come anywhere close...you know when cars 1st started talking to you?

I recorded the woman who said,  "Your door is ajar, Your door is ajar".

So I got that going for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo 88 said:

The only thing I can come anywhere close...you know when cars 1st started talking to you?

I recorded the woman who said,  "Your door is ajar, Your door is ajar".

So I got that going for me.

LOL!  I've used that as a joke for decades!  But, I used to add "Your head is a melon!" to the end. 😁

23 hours ago, craigb said:

Oh, what the heck!  As long as I'm wool-gathering, I'll add what was probably my greatest achievement for cell-phone users! 😁

During my 7+ years of contracting to Verizon Wireless (where I was part of the 1xRTT project which brought the first version of the internet to your phone), I also wrote the fuzzy logic to match up call records as they are passed from cell tower to cell tower.  Doesn't sound that impressive you say?  Well, back in the day, people paid for cell phone usage by the minute and, every time they had a dropped call, it was very frustrating for the user and Verizon lost money because the user could call up, say they were dropped, and get credited for that call.  Calls drop because there was no way to keep each cell tower perfectly on the same time and, with BILLIONS of call records, matching them was not an easy feat!  I fixed that.  😎

So, you're the one who knows what time it is?

On 5/13/2023 at 11:03 AM, craigb said:

That's it.... I  have  finally heard enough . I will be contacting the head of The Human Resources Dept on Monday morning to request your resume  be removed from the bottom of the pile where it is currently residing and having it placed in uppermost  slot in the Que. The change in your application status will have your listed  as the # 1 qualified job applicant for the new position we have opening up soon . .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 2

On 5/13/2023 at 11:03 AM, craigb said:

On 5/14/2023 at 3:33 PM, kennywtelejazz said:

That's it.... I  have  finally heard enough . I will be contacting the head of The Human Resources Dept on Monday morning to request your resume  be removed from the bottom of the pile where it is currently residing and having it placed in uppermost  slot in the Que. The change in your application status will have your listed  as the # 1 qualified job applicant for the new position we have opening up soon . .

Kenny

This is an update from The Human  Resources  Dept  .

After  giving your resume a closer look we have determined you may have valuable Verizon experience from your past .

We passed on your pertinent information to Ms  Strong  . She is our current Verizon spokesperson in charge .  We feel she may become a valuable resource for you to have in your corner and along side you as you trudge the path of seeking  meaningful ,gainful employment with our company  ...

Ms Strong  is currently in the process of reviewing the extensive packet you had provided from your resume containing all the video footage of your  days as a leading dance performer with The Chunk - N- Dale's ....

cecily-strong-bio-photo.jpg

The decision of your hire is solely in her hands and we hope she gets back to you soon .

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Haha 1