Loopcloud Studio Annual Pass $59

Fleer

I pass on it annually! I tried trial and the sounds are good.  It does, however, suffer from the Splice Paradox( I should trademark that l); the tendency for the best sounds to be overused to the point where algorithms on platforms like Youtube and Spotify think you are infringing on the other 3,000 people who used loop before you did. Algorithms are getting to the point where they are picking up if you glitch or change key.   I would see if you could give trial a speed run before sale ends and see if it is for you.

• Like 3

So funny the contradictions they use when marketing loops.

I still prefer buying sample packs over a sub. You would spend a lot of time auditioning sounds instead of creating.  Plus snippets of packs would mess up the organization for me since I went through years of loop hoarding.  I am only interested in midi files these days.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Fleer said:

Is anyone using this? Would love to know how good the downloadable sounds are.  It’s on sale at half price it seems (https://audioplugin.deals/product/loopcloud-studio-annual-pass/). 

I have it -- yearly sub. I usually cancel it just before sub up and they come back to me with similar offer as in the title.

Yes I like. The following:

- Its integration into your DAW via loopcloud plugin
- The extra plugs you get - Loopcloud Drum, Loopcloud Play, Bass Master, Khords

LoopCloud Drum - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4cUaP59iNs
LoopCloud Play - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=579hBO9cphw

- The 8 track DAW inside the Loopcloud app that syncs with your track in say Cakewalk, so you can live audition up to 8 separate samples in that DAW along with the track playing in CW and can chop change the samples while the track is playing live. Also in the LC Daw you can chop, effect and lots of other stuff to turn the loops into original sounds
- The LOOPCLOUD Cloud space where you can save your loops 
- The free loops you can add to your collection - every 24 hours the clock resets.

So pointless just viewing this as a huge selection of loops ONLY .. its the tools around these loops and the integration with your DAW. 

I find it also a great thing to use as a start point creatively 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another reason I have cooled on sample sites is the licenses are often ridiculous. I have read small print on some samples (including the midi) that require full production credit and absurd split of royalties if placed.  

When I read one license agreement, I realized that all these vintage instruments, scaler type products and sound degrading processors made it kind of easy to "make" vintage sounding samples. Not only does this work well, but this is how a lot of these sample loops are made.  It's actually less time consuming to make samples than to search through hundreds of thousands. 

With that said, some don't feel like doing all of that so services like Loopcloud are helpful to them.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, dubdisciple said:

Another reason I have cooled on sample sites is the licenses are often ridiculous. I have read small print on some samples (including the midi) that require full production credit and absurd split of royalties if placed.  

When I read one license agreement, I realized that all these vintage instruments, scaler type products and sound degrading processors made it kind of easy to "make" vintage sounding samples. Not only does this work well, but this is how a lot of these sample loops are made.  It's actually less time consuming to make samples than to search through hundreds of thousands. 

With that said, some don't feel like doing all of that so services like Loopcloud are helpful to them.

From Loopcloud webite:

Are all of Loopcloud’s samples royalty-free? -

Yes. You’ll have a full royalty-free license for every sample that you download from Loopcloud. Any samples that you purchase with points - or through your free quota - are yours for a lifetime. 

======================================================

This from here - Loopcloud 6.0 Review: Changing the Way You Produce Music

Loopcloud is a DAW-integrated sample subscription service. It lets you audition, chop up, and tweak over 4 million loops and one-shots, all of which are 100% royalty-free. That means you can use them however you’d like without risk of owing a copyright owner money!

As I said in my post above you have to stop viewing loopcloud as JUST LOOPS. The app and tools around it and integration with your daw turn this system into having the ability to make original instruments from loops .. Also keep in mind its not just loops, its one hit sounds too for example full one hit kits 

They also have worked alot on the search algorithm system to really narrow down a search for loop types you are looking for.

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, aidan o driscoll said:

From Loopcloud webite:

Are all of Loopcloud’s samples royalty-free? -

Yes. You’ll have a full royalty-free license for every sample that you download from Loopcloud. Any samples that you purchase with points - or through your free quota - are yours for a lifetime. 

======================================================

This from here - Loopcloud 6.0 Review: Changing the Way You Produce Music

Loopcloud is a DAW-integrated sample subscription service. It lets you audition, chop up, and tweak over 4 million loops and one-shots, all of which are 100% royalty-free. That means you can use them however you’d like without risk of owing a copyright owner money!

As I said in my post above you have to stop viewing loopcloud as JUST LOOPS. The app and tools around it and integration with your daw turn this system into having the ability to make original instruments from loops .. Also keep in mind its not just loops, its one hit sounds too for example full one hit kits 

They also have worked alot on the search algorithm system to really narrow down a search for loop types you are looking for.

I'm aware they have more than loops, but thanks for the reminder.  Loops are still their bread and butter. It's literally in the name lol. I'm not bashing them. I just found it wasn't for me. As far as the licensing, I believe they have done their homework and they are truly royalty free, but no one has fully solved the problem of AI thinking your usage of the sample you used is not a sample of other copyrighted material using same sample. 

As for the other features. I found them ok but was not blown away.  Again, I think some people love these fearures and I would encourage people test for themselves I was speaking strictly from my own experience.

11 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

I have it -- yearly sub. I usually cancel it just before sub up and they come back to me with similar offer as in the title.

Yes I like. The following:

- Its integration into your DAW via loopcloud plugin
- The extra plugs you get - Loopcloud Drum, Loopcloud Play, Bass Master, Khords

LoopCloud Drum - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4cUaP59iNs
LoopCloud Play - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=579hBO9cphw

- The 8 track DAW inside the Loopcloud app that syncs with your track in say Cakewalk, so you can live audition up to 8 separate samples in that DAW along with the track playing in CW and can chop change the samples while the track is playing live. Also in the LC Daw you can chop, effect and lots of other stuff to turn the loops into original sounds
- The LOOPCLOUD Cloud space where you can save your loops 
- The free loops you can add to your collection - every 24 hours the clock resets.

So pointless just viewing this as a huge selection of loops ONLY .. its the tools around these loops and the integration with your DAW. 

I find it also a great thing to use as a start point creatively 

Some of these features are actually very good. I would caution to people using them if you ever intend to stop, or pause you subscriptions though. Loopcloud has been progressively been removing access and features unless you have an active subscription, even for samples that you already own.

A good example is the latest Loopcloud app can't even be downloaded without an active subscription, so you can only use the web interface to browse and no integration with the DAW I believe. That goes with some of the plugins as well. Loopcloud Drum I really liked, but I was concerned that they may do a Waves and change the rules once I had heaps of projects using it, so I opted to not use that either. That's what they did, so I was lucky..  

In short, if there's ever a chance you will cancel, or pause your subscription, I'd recommend using the samples and basic features only, or bounce every single track to audio and download the samples just in case. Personally I just used it, let them download to a folder and then pointed Atlas 2 from Algonaut at that folder and manage/use it that way instead as that's perpetual and no subscription to worry about :)  

• Great Idea 2

@MusicMan All fair points BUT I found the way around this is first audition and build the loops in the loopcloud app with the 8 track in there along with your DAW project. When happy you have the FINAL sounds you want you can then add / export them via the loopcloud app to tracks in your project. No need of the loopcloud app any more

With respect to the plugins eg loopcloud drums, same thing - once happy with the loop and sound you created in there convert to wav on track in the project.

Then no issues with the sub being kept up. 

Its a mindset thing i suppose. I would only use the loopcloud app and plugs to create the ideas .. when happy I would do above and detach all from the project, no big deal at all 

Nothing stopping you from downloading all your owned loops from loopcloud also and archive. I think it downloads them anyway to local drive

Edited by aidan o driscoll
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

@MusicMan All fair points BUT I found the way around this is first audition and build the loops in the loopcloud app with the 8 track in there along with your DAW project. When happy you have the FINAL sounds you want you can then add / export them via the loopcloud app to tracks in your project. No need of the loopcloud app any more

With respect to the plugins eg loopcloud drums, same thing - once happy with the loop and sound you created in there convert to wav on track in the project.

Then no issues with the sub being kept up. 

Its a mindset thing i suppose. I would only use the loopcloud app and plugs to create the ideas .. when happy I would do above and detach all from the project, no big deal at all 

Nothing stopping you from downloading all your owned loops from loopcloud also and archive. I think it downloads them anyway to local drive

Definitely agreed on the finish then export and I'd always recommend that approach, but where I do see people coming unstuck, is where they're just sketching out, or capturing an idea with the intention to come back to it. Even sometimes when I'm testing a new synth, I might end up creating a cool riff and then I'll also create a drum pattern to go with it, if it's a catchy sound and got a vibe.

I've got other tracks in the pipeline so these are sort of a placeholder project.

That's where it can get annoying with subscriptions. I may pick up some of those tracks again in a few years.

Loopcloud itself is a good product though and excellent for coming up with ideas. It's just good for people to be aware of the subscription trap/lock in.

17 hours ago, dubdisciple said:

but no one has fully solved the problem of AI thinking your usage of the sample you used is not a sample of other copyrighted material using same sample. 

Unless you're using extraordinarily generic melodic samples and have zero production or arrangements skills this is never going to be a problem. The people getting these strikes are literally just copy pasting melodic loops that are generic af "hey baby, let's party ya ya" or full on generic af guitar riffs and not even trying. Lol. 

Sampling is a multi-decade long old art form that isn't for old f***s or basement dweebs who have no idea what they are doing.

Here's why places like Loopcloud are a goldmine - because you have terrabytes of content to create literally anything you want just by using your brain. A breakdown of the sampling in Prodigy's "Smack my Bitch Up."  This is how sampling took over pop / hip-hop - it's fun as hell, and creative af:

And the actual commercial track: 

Edited by Carl Ewing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

Are most of these sounds loops or actual samples? Not that much into loops myself. 

Not sure what you mean. They are samples in that they are audio and downloadable. The loop thing only comes in if the sample can be seamlessly looped start to end and around again. Most of the Drum samples are loops. Single hits are not and most of the keys, vocals etc may not be loopable. However alot of Bass are.

Loopcloud is not just a huge selection of random samples, its alot of sample packs which would have loops and samples that can work together. They are "curated" in that fashion. You can download individual loops, samples hits OR download a "currated" sample pack that has samples that work together, similar genre

The magic happens in the loopcloud 8 track daw where you can live audition and mix samples and loops together. This also has effects per track and you can change the tempo and pitch of the samples live also. The plugin in say Cakewalk/DAW will auto set the samples you have in the loopcloud tracks to the tempo of your project

Thats my take on what you ask

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Carl Ewing said:

Unless you're using extraordinarily generic melodic samples and have zero production or arrangements skills this is never going to be a problem. The people getting these strikes are literally just copy pasting melodic loops that are generic af "hey baby, let's party ya ya" or full on generic af guitar riffs and not even trying. Lol. 

Sampling is a multi-decade long old art form that isn't for old f***s or basement dweebs who have no idea what they are doing.

Here's why places like Loopcloud are a goldmine - because you have terrabytes of content to create literally anything you want just by using your brain. A breakdown of the sampling in Prodigy's "Smack my Bitch Up."  This is how sampling took over pop / hip-hop - it's fun as hell, and creative af:

And the actual commercial track: 

Not sure if you have been keeping up, but Ai can now identify one shots and very talented creators like Venus Theory have been flagged. We are no longer talking about hacks who lazily loop as is. You can chop and flip anyway you want and still be flagged. 

Again to be clear, I am very pro sampling. For the all the years I have been on this forum, I have spoken against those who dismiss sampling as uncreative looping.  I am simply dispelling the myth that there is some production secret or skill level that makes you immune to this issue.  I think the very concept that there are ways to identify a sample so mangles that creator couldn't identify is a reminder that this is about greed more than intellectual property.   Also, your legal license will eventually clear you, but for people like content creators who rely in timely posts, the fight can be a pain even if you win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dubdisciple said:

You can chop and flip anyway you want and still be flagged. 

I have a foolproof method for not getting flagged.   I just never actually record anything, finish a song, and certainly don't release what little I actually accomplish. 

• Great Idea 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, husker said:

I have a foolproof method for not getting flagged.   I just never actually record anything, finish a song, and certainly don't release what little I actually accomplish. 

Brilliant. Truth be told, it's a non-issue for most people.