SoundToys SuperPlate

RSMcGuitar

PRICING

SuperPlate will be sold individually for $149 MSRP or as a trade-up from Little Plate to SuperPlate for $59.

Soundtoys 5.4 will be available for $499 MSRP or as an upgrade from Soundtoys 5.3 to 5.4 for $59.

SuperPlate can be added to the Effect Rack plug-in for $59.

• Thanks 2

Sadly, they were probably just trying to make the pricing "simple"!  LOL!

I emailed sales asking what's up with the price and what about a better about a price for bundle owners.   I'll still probably buy it just to support them, but come on...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leizer said:

I have little plate, do I have to pay 59+59 to get it integrated with the effect rack?

I think the confusion is because the effect rack can be purchased as a standalone produce.
If you have 5.2 the effect rack is included and would assume that with 5.3 that is still true (but we'll find out)
The way they have announced things is a bit confusing.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 10:49 AM, Leizer said:

I don't understand. I have soundtoys 5.2, do I have to pay 499 bucks to upgrade to 5.4? 😅

What am I missing in 5.2 vs 5.3?

I have little plate, do I have to pay 59+59 to get it integrated with the effect rack?

If you are on 5.2 you can already move to 5.3.9 (the latest upgrade for all Soundtoys v5 owners):

https://www.soundtoys.com/soundtoys-5-3-9-update/

From what I read, Soundtoys v5.4 will add Super Plate (currently 21 plugins, in 5.4 it's 22 plugins.) So, $59 to add it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ftoompsh said:

I can't remember the last time i paid for an incremental update from Soundtoys.  New plugin or not. 

They basically want $59, no matter how long or how you've supported them.  Not their best move.

I understand your position, though I think differently for this case. To my way of thinking, I've been enjoying nice updates over the last couple of years at no charge. In this case, I don't view it as an update as much as an actual upgrade -- they are adding a pretty stellar plate reverb plugin that I'm sure got the same level of attention in development as the other members of the Soundtoys family.

I know others will feel differently, but I'm very happy to pay $59 to add it to my bundle.