Mix Check Studio is a free AI tool that tells you what’s wrong with your mix and how to fix it

satya

On 4/14/2023 at 12:46 AM, OutrageProductions said:

Thanks, but no thanks. Since mixing and mastering with my own ears have paid for my house, my cars, and a paddock full of motorcycles, I think I'll stay away from sharing my IP with anything AI.

Probably be fine for the neophytes though.😏

In 2032 Human Mix and Mastering Engineers will be the new vinyl.  

• Haha 2

On 4/13/2023 at 10:46 PM, OutrageProductions said:

Thanks, but no thanks. Since mixing and mastering with my own ears have paid for my house, my cars, and a paddock full of motorcycles, I think I'll stay away from sharing my IP with anything AI.

Probably be fine for the neophytes though.😏

Similar here with some exception. Since mixing and mastering with my own ears and my more than 300 PA compressors/EQs, I lost the house, motorcycles, and cars as I have no talent for it hahah

• Haha 3

On 4/14/2023 at 3:26 PM, PavlovsCat said:

they use it for insights; it's just another tool in the toolbox. They don't stop using their ears  and rely solely on AI. Not even close. They use it to get a perspective they otherwise might not have thought of or an insight that lets them try different things a little quicker than without AI.

This. Years ago, when I got my first license for Ozone Elements, I was doing my best to master my own stuff. Then I ran Mastering Assistant on a mix and was humbled. It sounded so much better. So I took the John Henry route "no machine is going to best me." Listened to what MA was doing, looked at how it was setting up the modules, started to tweak what it had done, then attacked the task with tools other than the ones in Ozone Elements.

The day that one of my masters sounded better than the Ozone Elements MA was a proud one. A real confidence builder. I still remember the feeling.

A friend of mine sent me a tune not long ago that he had done in his home studio, a fairly simple electronic thing. Out of curiosity, I threw Ozone's MA on it and it barely did anything. I gave him props for that.

On 4/14/2023 at 5:41 PM, OutrageProductions said:

I  DO occasionally use Izotope Mastering Assistant to slam out a quick reference for a client on the road to final mixes, but it (the interaction with AI) stays in the studio building

Yes! I now have Ozone Advanced, and it's great to throw MA or even just a preset on a rough mix just to hear where things are going, to make the talent happy about the project so far, give them something to listen to while I buckle down with the actual mix. I heard someone call those "A&R" mixes, where the engineer wants to reassure the company/backers that things are shaping up.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

That time period at Flyte Tyme will be defining for as long as there's pop R'n'B.

Funny that. You know you're in the twilight of your career when stuff that you did in 1999 encroaches on an otherwise comfortable elevator ride. And the studio that they were done in has been bulldozed in favor of high-end condos.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, OutrageProductions said:

Funny that. You know you're in the twilight of your career when stuff that you did in 1999 encroaches on an otherwise comfortable elevator ride. And the studio that they were done in has been bulldozed in favor of high-end condos.

Still it was one heck of a ride and I'm sure there's plenty of gas left in the tank. 

• Like 1

"Strangely" enough, Expose does the exact same thing this does without the need of fancy AI and even allows you to compare your mix to a reference track of your choice, with it telling how close to it your mix is. Maybe the Mastering the Mix guys are some form of AI overlords which cracked the code already...Or this is a task you don't need AI for.

I'm just a lowly hobbyist. So I'm the little kid at the carnival who doesn't know where to look and daddy AI takes my hand and points to stuff I hadn't noticed or didn't know was worth looking into. Then I run away and start stomping in a muddy puddle because "you're not the boss of me!".

• Like 1