Chaos Ravine 2.0- drums by Markno999

Lynn Wilson

Brilliant!!!  Psychedelic sounds for the new millennia.  Love all the change-ups and transitions musically.  There is a lot going on in this song at one time but it all makes sense and fits.  The lyrics might seems vague but with just a wee drop of thought they make sense and relate to worst uses of chaos! The use of the synths, vox apparatus, etc. are beyond my limited comprehension but doggone -- it all sounds great.  Excellent work my friend!

Hi Lynn

Firstly, sorry it's taken me so long to have a listen.

Sounds like you had fun with this mate - some nicely quirky sounds and effects. Lyrics have a  psychadelic, almost  Lucy in the Sky quality.  Backing vocals are excellent. Mix is very good - minor nit but the vocals maybe a tad too loud and appear to have a ducking effect on the rest of the music? (I am recovering from covid and my ears ain't the best so that maybe me) Very cool mate

On 3/12/2023 at 3:11 PM, freddy j said:

Brilliant!!!  Psychedelic sounds for the new millennia.  Love all the change-ups and transitions musically.  There is a lot going on in this song at one time but it all makes sense and fits.  The lyrics might seems vague but with just a wee drop of thought they make sense and relate to worst uses of chaos! The use of the synths, vox apparatus, etc. are beyond my limited comprehension but doggone -- it all sounds great.  Excellent work my friend!

Fred, you words are very much appreciated!  I had a lot of fun with this, and it just fell into my lap, so to speak.  You get it about the words; I intentionally was vague so as not to ruffle too many feathers.  There is going to be a big change soon, as Markno999 rewrote the drum tracks, and he improved the overall feel very much.  Less busy.  I'll talk to you soon.

On 3/14/2023 at 5:57 AM, daryl1968 said:

Hi Lynn

Firstly, sorry it's taken me so long to have a listen.

Sounds like you had fun with this mate - some nicely quirky sounds and effects. Lyrics have a  psychadelic, almost  Lucy in the Sky quality.  Backing vocals are excellent. Mix is very good - minor nit but the vocals maybe a tad too loud and appear to have a ducking effect on the rest of the music? (I am recovering from covid and my ears ain't the best so that maybe me) Very cool mate

Daryl, it's good to hear from you, and I hope your recovery goes well!  I appreciate your kind words, and I'll take the vocal levels into account when I remix this.  As stated above,  Markno999 rewrote the drums, so you should hear an improvement very soon.  Later, my friend.

Today I have posted "Chaos Ravine 2.0" thanks to a huge contribution from Markno999.  He and I both have SD3, so he was able to create a MIDI file with a new kit and new grooves for this song.  He really hit the nail on the head, and the only original tracks I kept were the pre-choruses.  I think it is an improvement, as drum tracks have always been my Achilles heel.  I owe him and all of you who have contributed a huge thank you!

It is here: https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=14563308, as well as in the OP.

17 hours ago, Johnbee58 said:

Hi Lynn!

I like the tune very much.  Great production all around.  I'd cut the volume back on that one synth though.  Just a bit.  Seems to overpower the rest of what's going on.

😀John B

Thank you, John for your time and kind words!  I'm not sure which of the synths you're referring to exactly, but I'll listen for it.  Easy change.

25 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Much enjoyed Lynn and Markno.

👍's 👏

Kind of abrupt on the ending, but I guess that's in keeping with the subject matter.

t

Thanks Tom, much appreciated!  This is why I come to this forum;  I can't get this kind of help any other way.  I've learned so much from this experience.  As for the ending, I too often fade out during a chorus or solo, so I decided to just let this come to a halt, in keeping with the subject matter.

• Like 1

Lynn,

Thanks for the opportunity to contribute to your original song.   You did a really good job with not only the songwriting but also the overall production and performance.    Glad to hear my small contribution was utilized.    Great work on this song, really enjoyed it.

Regards

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, markno999 said:

Lynn,

Thanks for the opportunity to contribute to your original song.   You did a really good job with not only the songwriting but also the overall production and performance.    Glad to hear my small contribution was utilized.    Great work on this song, really enjoyed it.

Regards

When I play the two versions back to back, I'm floored by the substantial improvement of your drum tracks.  Drums have always been my Achilles heel, but this experience has been a real eye opener for me.  I'm always happy to have an opportunity to learn!  Many thanks.

• Like 1

Lynn,

Cool project  for more than one reason.

First off, you have something to say, and, it is said in an interesting/original way, with a melody that takes unexpected twists and turns.

Also, the instrumental part is strong with shifting rhythms and textures. Nice guitar lines.

Cool stuff all the way around.

Cheers,

Bert

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Bert Guy said:

Lynn,

Cool project  for more than one reason.

First off, you have something to say, and, it is said in an interesting/original way, with a melody that takes unexpected twists and turns.

Also, the instrumental part is strong with shifting rhythms and textures. Nice guitar lines.

Cool stuff all the way around.

Cheers,

Bert

Thank you, Bert, for your time and kind words!  Stay well.

Lynn !

For the first time EVER! No Crits .. V2 is a great listen so from me to you 🤝 ... well maybe the ending left me wanting but how do you finish apart from that?

All these years of mucking around and you produce a gem ... must go ... ghodda listen again 😁

ATB

Steve

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Supa Reels said:

Lynn !

For the first time EVER! No Crits .. V2 is a great listen so from me to you 🤝 ... well maybe the ending left me wanting but how do you finish apart from that?

All these years of mucking around and you produce a gem ... must go ... ghodda listen again 😁

ATB

Steve

Steve, how kind of you to say that!  I come to this forum because there are so many good ears that can hear what I can't.  You are one of them!  So many thanks to Markno999, as well.

• Like 1

Hey Lynn, your work is always so creative and this one is certainly no exception.  Thoughtful lryics and an unusual chord progression kept me engaged sll the way to the end. Loved the synths and the jangly guitar, mixsounded just fine to my aging ears. Great work!

Loved At the End of Forever too, great tune!

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 11:30 PM, Kevin Walsh said:

Hey Lynn, your work is always so creative and this one is certainly no exception.  Thoughtful lryics and an unusual chord progression kept me engaged sll the way to the end. Loved the synths and the jangly guitar, mixsounded just fine to my aging ears. Great work!

Loved At the End of Forever too, great tune!

Kevin, it's great to hear from you!  Thank you for your comments and kind thoughts!  I'm looking forward to hearing your latest song, and thank you for mentioning "At  The End Of Forever".  Both songs were written within days of each other, so they kind of go together.