Sonuscore The Orchestra 3 Released

cclarry

We are proud to present THE ORCHESTRA COMPLETE 3, an exciting new chapter in the life of our flagship orchestral product family. This latest edition packs the power of our previous two updates, HORNS OF HELL and STRINGS OF WINTER, and introduces our fully re-recorded woodwind section with WOODS OF THE WILD. 

For this latest release, we’ve added a custom sequence designer, broadened the scope of the free play mode, developed the completely new Pure Performance Legato tool for ultra-realistic live playing, and completely re-recorded the woodwinds section with incredible new depth and versatility. It is undoubtedly a creative tool that will enable anyone to master orchestral matter. In the words of our creative director Tilman Sillescu, “It is a real homerun for composers!” 

https://sonuscore.com/shop/the-orchestra-complete/

• Like 5

I knew this was coming and money is set aside.  Now The Orchestra is truly Complete, although I do think they will continue to add to it.  More percussion maybe?  More world instruments?

This update makes it a lot more like OPUS Orchestrator.   I'm sure it doesn't sound as good, but it's more than good enough for all the music I make, and I don't need to buy a new TB of storage and pay for that other thing. 

• Like 3

Possibly interested in this, price is right but don't have any of their products. Can anyone give a brief sound quality comparison with other libraries I already own from Spitfire, Project Sam, VSL, OT ARK, Cinesamples, EW? I'm listening to various demos & it sounds a bit grainy (maybe due to it's small sample size 25GB only?) Also how does this blend with other libraries? (in general) thnks

7 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

A little OT, but if I choose the AAS Universal Soundpack as my BestService freebie, does anyone know if I can sit on it for a while and apply it to a yet-to-be-released AAS pack?

No, even some of the newest packs such as "currents" are not available with the freebie.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Possibly interested in this, price is right but don't have any of their products. Can anyone give a brief sound quality comparison with other libraries I already own from Spitfire, Project Sam, VSL, OT ARK, Cinesamples, EW? I'm listening to various demos & it sounds a bit grainy (maybe due to it's small sample size 25GB only?) Also how does this blend with other libraries? (in general) thnks

I think it's fair to say that The Orchestra is not trying to compete with any of the libraries you mention. 

The main reason to get it is for all the presets of arps working with various combinations of orchestral instruments.  You play a chord and you get a fully worked out orchestral sound.  It's to make things fun and easy, in the same way that ujam instruments do.

But... if there is a noob who wants these effects and doesn't own any orchestral libraries, they can compose great music with this, beyond these patterned presets.  There are some great instruments in there and a lot of them.

But The Orchestra is not trying to compete with Spitfire, Orchestral Tools, and the rest.   With what you own, get it only if you want to fool around with their pre-orchestrated templates.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Thanks Reid,

I appreciate the info. Looks like it has allot going for it in several ways. The arp feature does sounds very interesting.

Sonuscore has a lot of products that work like this.  It started with their Origins series, which has two instruments running arps.  And then The Orchestra and all its variants, Mallet Flux (made for NI), and Elysion.   Finally they made Orchestrator for Opus. 

Under the name Dynamedian, they made Action Strings, Emotive Strings, and  Action Strikes for NI

• Like 2

I made a rather flippant reference to the Aleatoric Konatk freebie that I got with my Orchestra 3 upgrade from Best Service.  It is actually pretty good!  I am not crazy about a lot of the samples, but there are 305 included, and I've not gone that deep yet.  The scripting is top notch.  Very tweakable UI.  Reminiscent of some SampleLogic UI's with quad sample play and motion controls. Aleatoric Metamorphic Movement by Ergo Kukke is, at the moment, one of the freebies (with $100 purchase) at Best Service (Full Kontakt 6 required).

5 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I have had version 1, have version 2 but never used it. Now I'll be on 3.

IMO it's not an up front lib like the ones you mentioned. I see it as a in the backdrop kind of use.

Here is what I did with Version 1 mostly just tinkering around for about 30 minutes.

The choirs were done by @Zargg with another lib.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bapu said:

I've version 1 once, have version 2 but never used it. Now I'll be on 3.

IMO it's not an up front lib like the ones you mentioned. I see it as a in the backdrop kind of use.

Here is what I did with Version 1 mostly just tinkering around for about 30 minutes.

The choirs were done by @Zargg with another lib.

Sounds good, cool tune too, fits it nicely.