someone jealous

satya

The original poster is on this forum too. I love it when Cakewalk is attacked for how many bugs but take a look at Reaper too and count how many bugs over the past four years have been addressed.  The best part of CbB has been the stability of the software now.  I always loved using Sonar but I constantly would save, save, save.  I feel the same way about CorelDraw software.  I showed my wife some simple things to do with it for this holiday season but told her that the save icon or control-S is your friend :)  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, InstrEd said:

I always loved using Sonar but I constantly would save, save, save.  I feel the same way about CorelDraw software.  I showed my wife some simple things to do with it for this holiday season but told her that the save icon or control-S is your friend :)  

I used to have to use a really crappy old machine at a company I once worked at (as a software developer). Our dev tools were fairly resource intensive and my machine would crash quite frequently. Ever since then, I typically press Ctrl+Shift+S (save all open windows) after typing every three words :)

• Like 1

5 years ago there was a backlog of more serious bugs, by which I mean crashers and the like. Those were mostly addressed in the first 6 months of BandLab ("in the first month of BandLab, the bakers gave to me: one Ripple Button, PRV note durations, and a promise of future stabiliteeee.")

What remained/remains are the ones where some feature or other just doesn't function as intended, and I consider those to be annoyances because they can usually be worked around. Things like automation node placement not obeying snap settings. Annoying, but if you let your cursor snap over, the node will land on grid. Still, needs to be fixed.

Those are the sort of bugs that remain.

• Like 1

Ctrl-S helps with a lot of programs, bugs or not. Specifically for software with "undo history," it is prudent to set that to a realistic number (I use 10 on most things). Most are set to a massive number that just consumes RAM. IIRC, CbB defaulted to 100, but forget now.

I'm trying to figure out the relation to the thread title and those forum posts. 

I'm not a major Cakewalk user but it's the first one I suggest to someone who doesn't have a DAW.   There is no click and buy gimmicks.  That's like my biggest rant about software these days is every developer has their own version of "iTunes" built in their product.